• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol on Ebay ~ $28,000 ~ YIKES!?!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In a thread about a Kristi that just sold on Ebay there was a question about the pricing of personal snowcats and how the prices will continue to rise, especially for multi-passenger snowcats.

This morning I saw this on Ebay and was pretty much shocked by the price. Now I admit to not knowing the pricing for Thiokol units, but $28,000 for a unit this old caught me off guard.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ndexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thykol Snow Cat, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 foot wide track & Trailer, 3 axle, 2 5/16th ball[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Excellent Condition inside & out, stored under cover, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Very - Very Clean.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6 Cylinder Ford engine, all equipment works very well,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 forward gears, 4 speed manual & 3 speed automatic, 3 reveres positions,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]skid steering, top cargo rack, 4 way snow plow and 8000 lb warn wench.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buy can pickup the Snow cat after the funds clear our Bank, Funds must be sent & recieved within14 days of the end of the action, thank you, Sandy[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sold as is condition, buyer must pickup or arrange transportaion.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PS, I will be unavailable until Oct.22nd to answer any additional questions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will be glad to assit with any questions, thank you, Sandy[/FONT]

Attachments

• 19_3.JPG
    19_3.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 535
  • 65_3.JPG
    65_3.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 521
  • c7_3.JPG
    c7_3.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 525

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob I'm in agreement with you. Bill Guthrie over at Snow-Trans, Sales Unlimited has a dozen LMC/DMC/Thyakol's for sale and he's only asking that much for a newer rig with a bunch more attachments. I think this one is a bit High. After the manufacturer of these folded the research groups on the South pole were quick to unload all their Thykol/DMC/LMC stuff. A bunch of it showed up in California right away. Parts are going to become a problem soon because of the number of ski areas who are going to other makes for this very reason.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
As I stated in my other post on the ebay Kristi, any item is only worth what someone will pay for it. There are no bids on this snow cat, so it is not worth the minimum asking price. The Kristi had value at its bid price and was sold. This cat will not get a single bid in my opinion. The seller is just "fishing and not using any bait".:whistle:

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes is right! That's an awful lot of money for an A-Model. A little bit of machine shopping could save some big bucks. Then again, if 5 or 6 guys were planning a helicoper skiing trip in B.C. for a week they could take this home for the same amount of money...

nutsster

It would be lucky to bring half that for an early A model, no matter how nice. If it was a LMC 1200 with attachments...Yes. :eek:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
nutsster said:
It would be lucky to bring half that
I figured a fair price would be a lot closer to $10,000. Heck for $28,000 it should be totally restored inside & out, reconditioned engine, upgraded interior with heated seats and a DVD player with video screens for the kids to watch in the back seat.:thumb:

But there is no way that $28,000 should buy a machine with ripped seats or worn tires. :my2cents:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
In todays market, I think 12K to 16K for that machine is a possibility and about top dollar. The market is stronger than many of you may want to believe. I am helping several interested parties currently to find snow cats for cabin and home access. This one is definitely not on my short list at this time because it is much TOO HIGH in price. There are several very nice later model better condition snow cats from about 14K to 35K available now from several sources.

As I said before, "The seller is just "fishing and not using any bait".:whistle:"

:my2cents:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
New pricing update on this snow cat.....The owner has lowered the prices and still no bidders.:confused: The high starting bid is often an immediate turn off to many possible bidder/buyers. A lower starting bid may get some action going and the competive bidding could drive up the price to the reserve.

I would think that maybe an 8K starting bid and a reserve and buy it now of 17K might interest some bidders. No one sees the reserve anyway. I would bet that the 17K is the reserve price now......and if you sart there you will own this machine.....:eek: :eek: :pat:

US $17,000.00 " Reserve not met

bin_15x54.gif
price: US $20,000.00

End time:Nov-03-06 19:27:08 PST (4 days 9 hours)

0 bids

bronco bruce

Hello,

I just joined this forum and I noticed your email regarding this Thiokol snow cat. I found a Thiokol 1962 model 4T10 and I'm trying to get information on parts availability, pricing for a machine in fair condition and reliability of this model.

Thank you,
Bruce

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
It is getting there.......:eek: Only took four lisings.......:pat: Anyone interested yet?????:whistle: :yum: Not me........:hide:

Starting bid:US $12,000.00

s.gif
bin_15x54.gif
price: US $15,000.00