• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Amazing Car collection at Auction

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
For all us car guys:

John Staluppi is auctioning off his car collection in North Palm Beach on 12/1/12. It's an amazing collection of cars, not to mention all the other things in the collection. The place is amazing.

Click on the link & then click on the catalog for a real look into what he has for sale.

http://www.rmauctions.com/Default.cfm?SaleCode=ST12

Sure hate to see all the one of a kind displays & cars get split up.........maybe after I hit the powerball I can keep it all together !

Tom

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks! I enjoyed just seeing a video of those cars. Possibly headed to Jay Leno's collection?

I wonder who he uses to do his restorations. My father and I did a 1 time complete, I mean every single nut and bolt on the car complete, restoration of a 1962 Biscayne I bought out of southern AZ. The Biscayne was purchased new by a lady school teacher who was 81 when she purchased the car. It had zero, zip, nada rust to deal with. Only dry rot. Even with it needing zero body work, it still took us over 5 years to do the car and it's still not complete. I need one additional rocker molding and, in 7 years of searching, I've yet to find one. You can buy Impala rocker moldings all day long for $20 (reproductions), but nobody makes repops for the Biscayne rocker moldings and an Amish crew putting a new roof on my barn stepped on, and crushed, one of my NOS moldings I had up on top of a 20' tall shelf; to keep anything from harming it. :mad: I should have taken them to court over it, but I was just too sick because I knew no others were available. Supposedly there is a company who claims to be able to repair the stainless steel molding back to perfect condition for $5k. :glare:

I assume this guy has a full time crew keeping his cars clean and a full time crew doing his restorations. If you take that first Chevelle, assuming it was in average (poor) condition to start with, you'd be talking about spending from $30k to $50k on a perfect restoration job. If some parts are not available like the rocker molding for my '62 Biscayne, it could be considerably more per car. And, that doesn't even count the fortune this guy spent on all the background scenes. Truly amazing!!