• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Krusty Lovers...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There was the fella who came and made a splash late last year had one tore down and I remember the chains in the aluminum housings. The brochure says Eight speeds... individual speeds. I am intrigued.

I am on a shopping spree again just as I was last year. Did anyone notice the price drop. Still a long tow from WI.

That double ended Kt7 is .... WTH? So ugly it is cute?

My son is wearing down He started out with a Hell no and now is making comments like.... we could visit kevin in gunnison on the way..... if we got 15MPG it would cost.... Would two dual sports fit in the van....

Oh Boy.

Oh wait I need a dig.
Tug boat or bath tub.....?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually Bob , The KT7 is Hydro drive . All KT3's , KT4's , and KT2's are gear drive only with a clutch brake system for turning . The A small hydrualic motor off the front of the motor runs the power for the tilt system on the KT2 and KT3 . The "Clam shell" which is all Kristi design is the only other part made by Kristi besides the transmission . Pretty simple design when you open one up . I would highly suggest that a new #60 (?) chain be installed in the clam shells before you trust the old one . Each clam shell requires a pint of gear oil .
A Krist KT3 is super simple to repair or work on .:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, I'm always happy to poke Al in the ribs with a sharp stick about his KT7 obsession, but when a serious question comes up about a Kristi, and they do from time to time, I do like to provide at least a little bit of helpful information.

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled Kristi bashing! :hammer:

JdpYT.gif
:yum::yum: that gif is too much! LOL

ALLEN PARSONS

Here now, Hole it right there. They do make for a very fine bathtub. Fill it full of nice warm water , Some flowers A little Wine on the side. And look how many girls you can get in there.
I would like to know how the KT7 incorporates the hydro drive into the drive train, Just like the snow trac it has some very unique ideas built into it.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Think i figured it out. The KT-3 has all mechanical gears. The red handle is the ranges including reverse.

The green handle is the 1-4 speeds.

I assume the Sticks then clutch or brake steer the final drive.

Then it goes to the chain drives to get to the drive sprockets.

Speaking of bath tubs..... the hot and cold water valves actually are the hydraulic circuit controls.

utahwilson

redsqwrl,

If you decide to get it and the current owners will deliver it to my house I can store it my shop until you can come get it. I would put it out front, but our city will ticket for bathtubs in the front yard.:whistling:

UW

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
redsqwrl,

If you decide to get it and the current owners will deliver it to my house I can store it my shop until you can come get it. I would put it out front, but our city will ticket for bathtubs in the front yard.:whistling:

UW

What if you put some Pansies or Geraniums in it and called it a planter :brows:

utahwilson

Pictures of a Krusty in action. :yum:

Attachments

• Kristi & Gary on SB Mtn.jpg
    Kristi & Gary on SB Mtn.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Kristi & Dick Wright_SodaMtn.jpg
    Kristi & Dick Wright_SodaMtn.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Kristi with Track Off_SodaMtn .jpg
    Kristi with Track Off_SodaMtn .jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Kristi on FB in Mt Shasta.jpg
    Kristi on FB in Mt Shasta.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 187

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have seen those pictures before . Turns out the guy in the picture is a known Snot Trac Felon running from the law . He actually used a D8 to try to do the damage to the track . It took 7 minutes to flip the track back on by the real Kristi owner who then pulled the broken D8 to safety . No harm done .

Very few Kristi owners have "hard feeling " toward the less fortunate Snotties , who are jealous of a real "He man " snow cat .:clap:

Dang those Kristi's are tough SOB's !!!! Almost as tough as their owners :biggrin:

ALLEN PARSONS

Great photos thanks. I cannot put my finger on it but is there not something wrong in the photos. Geee Maybe it the snow ???????????? Or is it the trees I do not know.

Anyway there are great photos. Maybe Murphy law Has something to do with it.
WHAT CAN GO WRONG WILL GO WRONG . REMINDED MY OF A TRIP I TOOK WITH THE TUCKER ONCE. But mine was a front axle. Two miles off rood the road.