• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: A old cab over truck !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I want a old "Cab Over" truck to restore . I would really like to find a 4 door cab ,but am willing to look at anything . It will be customized so I only need the Cab to make it work .
Something in the 30's, 40's over 50's . Ford ,Chevy and International all made the 4 doors .
Finders fee if I buy it .!!!!:clap::clap:

Attachments

• thumbnailCAKQ6XZT.jpg
    thumbnailCAKQ6XZT.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 4,096
  • 4 door.jpg
    4 door.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 4,191

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al find your self a willies fc

Yea I have seen them before , but I don't really care for that model .
I am kinda locked into the 4 door or a much older 2 door COE.:biggrin:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gee Al,

If you had wanted one say, 25 years ago, it wouldn't be much of a problem. But with $300+/ton iron prices, lots of stuff like this is being cut, or has been. Not saying they aren't one or two out there yet, but not many I am sure. It has been years since the utilities used those older 4 doors.

I understand your wanting one though. Good luck, and will keep my eyes open. A two door would be much easier, but still hard to find.

I am trying to decide if I want to restore a 1935 Dodge truck of my grandfathers. Lots of work.....

Regards, Kirk

the old trucker

Yea I have seen them before , but I don't really care for that model .
I am kinda locked into the 4 door or a much older 2 door COE.:biggrin:

Al are you looking for something like this one ?? I think what you are looking for is in this pic. Look at the rear corner of the pan & you'll see a COE. This fellow has oodles of old cars & trucks for sale. I'll dig out a few more of what you want & post here....

1946mercurypickup013Small.jpg

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Al I doubt you'll have much luck finding a true 4door CO thats even worth restoring. Your best bet is to find a decent single cab CO, and a donor cab of the same year and model to make the rear cab section. That is all the factory did when they built them. The donor cab does not have to be from a cabover as many of the cabs are identical with the only differences being in the firewall which you wont be using anyway. :wink:

Here are a few that you might consider, the first one is a true 4 door but not complete and in perty bad shape. The last link is a good forum to belong to to help you with your search.

FYI , depending on what make and year you decide to get, I might be able to supply the donar cab for the rear half. Best of luck Al, I have been looking for the "right" one to build for 10 years. :biggrin:

http://www.desertclassics.com/FWD504x4.html

http://www.desertclassics.com/Ford52f6Coe.html

http://www.classictrucksforsale.us/...-coe-cab-over-engine-truck-c-o-e-hot-rat-rod/

http://www.classicautoprojects.com/classic-trucks-for-sale/1952-international-car-hauler/

http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/blog/?p=3038

Last edited:

the old trucker

Al do you want suicide doors in the rear ?

db_CLV2_134.jpg

Here's a couple more.

db_IMG_7313.jpg
1004188dn4.jpg

1004182lw5.jpg

40coe1Small.jpg

40coe2.jpg

001.jpg

47coe-1Small.jpg

Here's what you want...
7713_1.jpg

Maybe your looking for a motor home/workshop/trailer all in one like this one below for your Kristi....

1930pickup-build116.jpg

Scan_3.jpg

miscpicturesMedium.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al do you want suicide doors in the rear ?

db_CLV2_134.jpg

Here's a couple more.

db_IMG_7313.jpg
1004188dn4.jpg

1004182lw5.jpg

40coe1Small.jpg

40coe2.jpg

001.jpg

47coe-1Small.jpg

Here's what you want...
7713_1.jpg

Maybe your looking for a motor home/workshop/trailer all in one like this one below for your Kristi....

1930pickup-build116.jpg

Scan_3.jpg

miscpicturesMedium.jpg

I'll take the Dodge or the restored Chevy 4 door in a heart beat !! I bet they want a fortune for the Chevy .:unsure:

the old trucker

If you're looking for a stock Crewcab COE you won't find one in the older years, unless of course you buy one already done, if not you'll have to make one with 2 cabs put together.

5587803133_4ef2f616a1.jpg
2974147520073074636S600x600Q85.jpg

the old trucker

Al your opening a big can of COE's.

How big a finders fee do I get if you buy one. :whistling::clap:

...I still have the 47 Ford Cabover. And its still for sale.

47coe002Small.jpg

Also got this 56? International cab/fenders. Also for sale.

ihc-1Small.jpg
ihc-2Small.jpg

ihc-3Small.jpg

...Stumbled across this IH Cabover last fall. Don't know the story on it yet. Will chase it some more cause theres an ol Ford in the same yard I want......

006-3.jpg

coe40chev_holmes.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Al that binder is a nice looking truck it would also score you some cheese points where you live now

the old trucker

Al that binder is a nice looking truck it would also score you some cheese points where you live now
Don I thought the same thing but it don't have enough "BLING" BLING" to match his krusty...

Maybe he wants something kinda rare like his krusty. Only 10 left Al, you might get a deal on it.

3258271016_b9e276118b_o.jpg

If there we're only 1300 produced, only 10 known to exist, this is very rare, where is it and someone should grab it.

Here's one fixed up a bit Al. it's a Tempo Matador.

http://www.oldbug.com/tempo.htm

tempomatador.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that would go good with his krusty looks like a vw bus on steroids i bet he ruins it by painting it krusty orange. if he does that it may never drive again

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I think he's planning to take the top off his Krusti & put this one on. Should be a little easier for him to crawl into...:smile:

Wow ! You actually own That 47 ?? Where you located ?
I got a reply last night on a Dodge and its only 125 miles from me . :clap:
I am headed out to look at it next weekend , I think . I'll probably drag the trailer with me so if i do buy it , I can bring it home .

That rare one of ten is pretty COOL ! What is it ? IS it for sale ? PM me some prices.

the old trucker

Wow ! You actually own That 47 ?? Where you located ?
I got a reply last night on a Dodge and its only 125 miles from me . :clap:
I am headed out to look at it next weekend , I think . I'll probably drag the trailer with me so if i do buy it , I can bring it home .

That rare one of ten is pretty COOL ! What is it ? IS it for sale ? PM me some prices.

The 47 Ford is in Sask., Canada. Probably too far away for you. I have a message sent to him asking the particulars. I'll let you know when I know. This is the one your talking about...right ??
47coe-1Small.jpg

Al, the one of ten is called a Tempo Matador. I am checking on this one for you also.