• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Its officially started...

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Last Saturday we mowed though don't have a lot to mow. I have to cut every week here to keep the Kentucky blue grass under control as it really grows fast.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't cut grass any more. I support my local legal immigrants.

SShepherd

personally, I think mowing is the biggest waste of time there is, and the person who invented a manicured lawn should be shot !

you can't eat it, it's wastes gas, and is a huge burden on valuable time.

BAN MOWING!

except for botanical gardens and golf courses :flowers:

3MT

I mowed today for the 2nd time this year. We had a lot of rain in the past two weeks and now the temps are in the 70's and tomorrow is supposed to be near 80! You can almost hear the grass growing. I'll have to start mowing now every 3-4 days as long as we get rain and the temps stay up!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The kid down the street mows for me, the lawn isn't ready for mowing yet, but when it is.. he'll be here every week.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The kid down the street mows for me, the lawn isn't ready for mowing yet, but when it is.. he'll be here every week.

The kid down the street doesn't exist when you have 2 acres. I'm going to try to mow tomorrow if the ground is dry enough. A quick walk thru tonight showed it still too soft. But it is high enough.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
personally, I think mowing is the biggest waste of time there is, and the person who invented a manicured lawn should be shot !

BAN MOWING!

In my case Shep it is a business front only the rest is pure concrete and steel. I'm with you though, it is the main reason I had kids so they could get stuck with it. Now I have a yard service that does it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't even looked at the mower yet this year. Soon though. Just raked the yard yesterday. It'll be a few weeks before it needs a mow. Started on the garage spring clean up today. I still don't understand how I can accumulate so much junk when we've only lived here 3 yrs. I have to start eliminating tomorrow when the dump is open.

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
We only mow about 5-6 times a year. The grass doesn't grow very fast. The dandelions are another story.

SShepherd

In my case Shep it is a business front only the rest is pure concrete and steel. I'm with you though, it is the main reason I had kids so they could get stuck with it. Now I have a yard service that does it.

hell, I say plant pine trees on the entire ground..no light, no grass, just ferns and other nice shaded woods:smile:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You ought to know that WorkingWoman's push mower weighs about 200 pounds and her backyard is all hill. I'd just have to light my hair on fire...

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Need to mow tomorrow, and to edge the walkways as well.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Already mowed twice. Picked up a 72" Woods Finish mower today. I'm ready for mowing season!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Already mowed twice. Picked up a 72" Woods Finish mower today. I'm ready for mowing season!

I,ve been mowing the last 3 days & still aint done using my 6 footer , still faster then the 5 footer I used last several years though . :biggrin: . about the time I get it done it will be time to mow it again . :w00t2:First mow of the season useually works that way though as We finally got a little rain since I started . :hammer:

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't mowed the lawn yet, but Nixon has used the mower to pull the aerator. The grass close to the house looks really bad. There was a lot of snow and ice on it and it looks really terrible.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I,ve been mowing the last 3 days & still aint done using my 6 footer , still faster then the 5 footer I used last several years though . :biggrin: . about the time I get it done it will be time to mow it again . :w00t2:First mow of the season useually works that way though as We finally got a little rain since I started . :hammer:

I think you have a few more acres then me.:unsure:

I'm trying to sell my ZTR and hope I can knock out larger swaths of lawn with my tractor and then just use my rider for the small stuff. There's nothing wrong with my ZTR - I just don't really like it.:mellow:

Cityboy

Banned
I think you have a few more acres then me.:unsure:

I'm trying to sell my ZTR and hope I can knock out larger swaths of lawn with my tractor and then just use my rider for the small stuff. There's nothing wrong with my ZTR - I just don't really like it.:mellow:

Which ZTR do you have PB, and what is it about it that you don't like? They usually out perform riders big time.

I bought a rider several years ago so the kids could mow safely. When it's empty nester time I'm planning on getting a smokin' fast commercial grade ZTR for me. :w00t2:

ncroamer65

BAN MOWING!

Why not plan vegetable gardens :clap: :clap:

Cityboy

Banned
The lawn tractor gods have smiled upon me and the John Deere started with a single turn of the key. :w00t2: This after sitting unstarted all winter with many single digit days.

Now there will be two busy teenagers at my house today.
icon10.gif

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I mowed the doggie fertalized 2 acres close to the house. It needed it bad. Scag ZTR fired right up and worked flawlessly. I had the mower deck clutch and mower switch changed last november and this is the 1st chance I've had to test it.
I mowed at 4 1/2 inches, and that looked short. I've been mowing from 3 1/2 to 4 year round the last couple years. What height do you mow at?

Which ZTR do you have PB, and what is it about it that you don't like? They usually out perform riders big time.

I bought a rider several years ago so the kids could mow safely. When it's empty nester time I'm planning on getting a smokin' fast commercial grade ZTR for me. :w00t2:

My Scag is a commercial grade ZTR. Only repair I've had on it was the one mentioned above. It has less than 300 hours so even that repair surprised me. Cost $400. The Scag is 5 years old.

The lawn tractor gods have smiled upon me and the John Deere started with a single turn of the key. :w00t2: This after sitting unstarted all winter with many single digit days.

Now there will be two busy teenagers at my house today.
icon10.gif

You have teenagers!!! :eek: Oh those poor kids! :yum: JK

Cityboy

Banned
You have teenagers!!! :eek: Oh those poor kids! :yum: JK

Yup. I'm helping my daughter plant her herb garden right now, and my son was visibly dissapointed when the mower fired up. :biggrin:

Sure wish I had not sold my Troybuilt tiller when I transferred out here. :pat:That was the biggest equipment sales mistake ever for me.....Live & learn.

Yup, it was one of the real TB's not the imitation MTD's:cry:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

I have a Ferris IS 1500Z. It's a nice mower and super smooth ride . . . except for some reason I always feel nauseous after about an hour on it. I think the suspension gives it an almost train like ride and for some reason trains and I don't mix well either.

It's totally something with me - not the mower. It's a great mower and cuts like a champ.

I also have to cut around a lot of fir (evergreen) trees and usually get in next to them where the branches mess with controls on the ZTR. It's easier to one hand the steering wheel and push the branches out of my way on the rider.

Without the ZTR I won't be able to put the nice stripes on my lawn but I think I can live with it. I'm the only person around that seems to care about that look.