• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need IMP 1404 windshield wiper motor

bernd

One of the wipers broke the drive shaft. Does any one have any ideas of finding a replacement? The original is American Bosch Type WWF. Thanks

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
One of the wipers broke the drive shaft. Does any one have any ideas of finding a replacement? The original is American Bosch Type WWF. Thanks

If you need parts or motors or assemblies we have them direct replacements made in the USA for the Bosch systems www.mn-outdoors.com

Attachments

• Motor_208.jpg
    Motor_208.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 815
  • Motor_230_Unitized.jpg
    Motor_230_Unitized.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 812

bernd

Boggy,
Thanks for the info. I am attaching 3 photos that will define what I need. I am ideally looking for the output shaft only. Some bright soul had put a in a large pin to hold the knurled cap onto the shaft. The result was that the end of the shaft sheared off.

The wiper arm goes directly onto the knurled cap in this arrangement. The knurled cap is not shown in the pictures, but fits right onto the end of the shaft.

So the question is this:
1) can you supply the shaft and knurled cap?
2) can you supply a replacement wiper motor assembly?
Thanks
Bernd

Attachments

• Wiper -1.jpg
    Wiper -1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 789
  • Wiper -2.JPG
    Wiper -2.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 789
  • Wiper -3.jpg
    Wiper -3.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 789

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will not have just the knob but the black one is the replacement in my photo for the wwf

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
For what he is going to charge you for a complete unit, it will be a lot better in the long run than trying to repair an older unit that will still be an older unit after you get done which may be upwards of thirty years old aready.... Heck, get two....:whistling:

Just a thought.

bernd

Fogtender,
Thanks for your input. I am old enough to also prefer repair rather than replacement. Maybe I have found a replacement shaft (if it fits). Thanks again.
Bernd

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Fogtender,
Thanks for your input. I am old enough to also prefer repair rather than replacement. Maybe I have found a replacement shaft (if it fits). Thanks again.
Bernd

Well for what it is worth, I am old enough to need parts replaced too.... But I figure that getting a new chassie at this stage of the game is out of the question...

Good luck in getting the parts for your Imp, I know they are around. I have replaced a lot of stuff on my 1404, but so far the wipers are still working well, need to find a couple of blades, but so far that is it.

bkvail

Boggie - is the first pic you posted what I would need for our 4T10 that has none? The holes are at the middle/top of the window.

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Bernd I just replased a wiper motor on my 1202 the motor is shot but the shaft and all the gears are still good i would be glad to to send you the unit for the cost of postage PM me if would lik it Larry

bernd

Bernd I just replased a wiper motor on my 1202 the motor is shot but the shaft and all the gears are still good i would be glad to to send you the unit for the cost of postage PM me if would lik it Larry

Larry, I would be interested in the unit. Thanks you very much. How do we set it up so I can pay you?
Bernd

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
Bernd just e-mail me your address and I will send it when you get the unit and find that it is the right one you can send me back the postage ( a PM is a personal message throw the form) or my e-mail address is ls9159@msn.com