• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ford 223 exhaust manifold

socal4t12

does anyone have, or know where i can find, a exhaust manifold for my ford 223 engine? they were common in the 1960's f100 trucks. mine is cracked in the exact same spot as weatherbys. im trying to stay away from the hearders.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Good Luck. Weatherby had his welded up but I dont hold out for it lasting to long. Other than headers there really are no replacements except used manifolds which will be close to cracking if there already not. Of course thats my opinion. Clifford makes a nice one but as you know there headers. I would still rather have a header than a used old manifold with no idea how long it will last.

Critter

I have got a few old furd's out in da boneyard at the farm. I could check if I got one if you'd like but it wouldn't be for a while atleast until the snow is all gone. Where the trucks are is a big pain to get to and with no cat.... The farm is about 70 miles from here too so...

weatherby

According to all the older ford experts that I have talked to told me ALL the 223 exhaust manifolds are cracked or will crack in that same place if given enough time. It's almost impossible to find a manifold that is not cracked in that same place, However I did find one with no cracks BUT what the experts say to do is to NOT use the one with no cracks (because it WILL crack) but to get the one that IS cracked welded but only by a welder or welding shop that specialize in welding exhaust manifolds. If done rite it should never crack in that spot again. So i'am going to keep my un-cracked manifold for a spare just in case.

naturerules1

SUPER Site Supporter
According to all the older ford experts that I have talked to told me ALL the 223 exhaust manifolds are cracked or will crack in that same place if given enough time. It's almost impossible to find a manifold that is not cracked in that same place, However I did find one with no cracks BUT what the experts say to do is to NOT use the one with no cracks (because it WILL crack) but to get the one that IS cracked welded but only by a welder or welding shop that specialize in welding exhaust manifolds. If done rite it should never crack in that spot again. So i'am going to keep my un-cracked manifold for a spare just in case.
You can have it fixed easy...just braze it and have it resurfaced....waala!
I've done a couple hundred this way with no problems!
Robert

weatherby

You can have it fixed easy...just braze it and have it resurfaced....waala!
I've done a couple hundred this way with no problems!
Robert

Yes thats basically what I had done to mine, They also had a fixture that they bolted the manifold down to so nothing could change shape as it got hot.

naturerules1

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes thats basically what I had done to mine, They also had a fixture that they bolted the manifold down to so nothing could change shape as it got hot.
YUP...bolt it to a head that is available or to a piece of good plate steel. I usually just vice gripped them to a good flat steel table and had good luck.
Robert