• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC 1450 for sale in Davis Ca. Help out California!!

Well is the proud owner Snotrans? Our friends stopped at $15k. IMO the unit with trailer was still a buy at $20k with only 200hrs. I would be curios to see the mileage vs sitting with the engine running.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
usally there is no deals at these auctions, but you never know, could be a very good buy for someone

It is certainly a low hour machine, and with a little bit of TLC it should look fantastic. It's also mid-April which is pretty much the end of the season.

I've never owned a Thiokol/DMC/LMC machine, so I can't speak from experience. I wonder though, how effective that machine will be with a front blade. According to the spec sheets on Safety One's website it has a 104 HP engine. Obviously gearing will be very important, but still it's only 104 HP and that's at sea level. Take it up to 8,000 feet and you're down to 80 or so...

My impression is Brian's comment was spot-on. $20K may be a good price, but doesn't strike me as a "screaming deal".

soutthpaw

Just a note on the Auctioning of Diesels from CA that don't meet new emissions standards. Many are still sold via various auctions in CA. However they are usual only available to out of state buyers or dealers. They have a VIN Stop so they can never be registered again in CA... Living in CO and having family in CA I do watch the auctions pretty close there but so far nothing that would be considered a bargain worth the effort to haul out of state... Did see a nice snow cat from Cal trans that they often use for grooming the runaway truck ramps. it sold for like $35 or $40K again only a few hundred hours on it

socal4t12

WOW!!!! $20K!

Anyone here in the forum buy it? Hope I helped someone here find a nice ride that will last for a few years.

I saw a Tucker Terra at the same auction about 2 years ago. I dont know what it went for. They get a few cats in there at Davis from time to time.
The fire engines with diesel motors will be able for transfer to other Ca fire departments, ranchers, anyone that will not be using them for "On highway use". Then they will be sold by an out of state auction house. There are some VERY nice IH S1800 4X4 with the DT466 motors. They are the perfect monster truck!

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
SoCal,

I need one of those like a hole in the head; however, it might be fun...

Do you have any idea when (and where) those will come up for auction and what they'll bring?