• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

67 thiokol rangemaster

ablazeinside

just bought one ,,,, major fixer upper .... need to know where to get lag parts .... and the rear drive sprockets.... plus a multiplicity of other small problems .... any input appreciated

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to FF ablazeinside. I moved your thread to the snowcat forums so more snowcat owners will see it and respond.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum ABLAZEINSIDE! You have come to the right place. Grab a cup of coffee, clean off those glasses and get ready to read! We have several members here who own the all mighty great Thiokol Rangemaster / 601. MAINER owns more than anyone ever did or should. WEATHERBY is doing a blow by blow report on his extensive Concours Delegaunce rebuild of his beautiful Thiokol 601! So sit back and get comfortable. You have allot to catch up on. Ask all the dumb questions you can think of. Dont feel shy. We wont care! BUT you must post some pictures of this beast you have. Its kinda an unwritten by-law of the FF (forumsforums).

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, I've been trying to go on a forums diet... and I can't take it any longer with this thread just taunting me!

:weneedpic:weneedpic:weneedpic:weneedpic

Where did you find the Rangemaster? What are your plans? Full restore? Partial/get-it going? "Hoard-and-store"??? (my personal favorite) :brows:

I *may* be posting pics next week... have found a sweeeet refurb'd 601 *potentially* looking for a new home... :clap:

Umm... one other thing.. as a newb (well apprciated one at that given your marvelous taste in the Rangemaster/601) you'll soon start to realize that your addiction will grow...and that's fine...it's a good thing... but you need to log in more frequently... and when we all need pics... WE REALLY DO NEED THEM! Otherwise we just get all bent up and bitchy. :yankchain: ...well... Snow Ops can get that way... the rest of us try to refrain and maintain a reasonable level of composure while we wait for you to upload pics... and we need high-res so we can get the detail and comment endlessly on pointless things that actually are really important to this eccentric group of collectors. :bb:

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I went to visit a couple of my ladies... dug into the back box of one of them for the first time... two spare axles! ...AND... drum-roll! a near-new ring/pinion! That's right! :eek::bounce::rock::rock: Finally some luck for the Mainer!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
No sign of ablazeinside since the original post... maybe the rig went up in smoke. ;)