• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another one of my fencers qualified for "Nationals"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:clap:

Chrissi just competed this morning and qualified for the US Summer Nationals Fencing Challenge. This is the biggest tournament in the United States, and I believe in all of North America. The US currently has the best fencers in the world. Chrissi has been fencing for me for 5 years. She started as a high school freshman, never having fenced prior to that time. 4 years of high school + 1 year of club fencing (her college doesn't have a fencing team so she is fencing out of my fencing club).

She is a shy young lady with lots of potential so I'm really thrilled that she made the cut and will be competing at the Summer Nationals.

Very proud of this young lady.

I believe that I will have 3 girls at Summer Nationals this year. Dasha, Lexi and now Chrissi. Not sure how many boys I've got going, probably 3 to 5.

Normally I don't attend too many of these types of events because the students typically travel with their parents but I think that I may be going to this one since it looks like I have a bunch of kids to be proud of ... win or lose. Its actually a pretty big deal to qualify for the national championships. It will very likely be won by one of the US Olympians (or at least a National Team member).

My hope is that Dasha makes it into the Top 32. I'd actually be happy if she makes it to the Top 64 but I know she won't be happy with that. For the rest of the students, I'm just thrilled they qualified and if they get up to the Top 128 it would be a huge accomplishment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 10.42.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 10.42.04 AM.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 10.36.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 10.36.41 AM.png
    375.9 KB · Views: 117