• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

601 master cylinder

wesley

One of the master cylinders in my Thiokol 601 is shot. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a replacement or rebuild kit.

Attachments

• 100_3412.jpg
    100_3412.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 393

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
They look like the same in my Thiokol I posted up a bunch of part numbers for the cylinders on my 1965 Thiokol I will try to find them..

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
Found them..your pictures looks same as mine. This is numbers for master and slaves

Steering master Cylinders
Casting Number# Fe 14912
Repair kit RAYBESTOS# MK128
Wagner Kit#F33192
Wagner#36313
Eis Kit#M162

Steering slave cylinder
Casting# Fe21637
Wagner#26022 (obsolete)
Wagner rebuild# F26111 Scored nos ones off ebay
Eis Kit# C667

wesley

This is a Wagner part number MC36313. Its available from Advance Auto parts. It looks right but I don't want to order until I'm sure. Is this the correct replacement?

Attachments

• brake cylinder.jpeg
    brake cylinder.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 362

zspryte

Site Supporter
I used a new MC36313 in my 1201 1967 Spryte. You will need to narrow the shoulder some to allow the brake lever to fit around it. You can do this with just a bench grinder in a few minutes. The kit F26111 works for a MC36313. Cost difference between a new cylinder and kit is not that much.

Just ordered 2 through napa for my Thiokol imp..
Thanks for the part #s guys. made it way easier.
And they will have them in the store by morning.