• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1202B REAR TANK AND DECK REMOVAL

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Here are the pictures of my Thiokol 1202B Rear tank and deck removal. The wood deck was completely shot. I will be extending the deck about 8" as well. Heres the pictures. :thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF0002 1.JPG
    DSCF0002 1.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCF0003 1.JPG
    DSCF0003 1.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCF0004 1.JPG
    DSCF0004 1.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCF0001 1.JPG
    DSCF0001 1.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 280

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I have cut away alot of bent, stressed steel. They sure were hauling a heavy load on the rear section, both sides. Heres the pictures of the Tank being removed.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 278

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
This is a picture of the brace they welded up inside the access hatch. They did this to try and fix the weakend deck. They just didnt want to go the extra mile and pull the whole deck off and do it right.

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 279

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Heres a pic with the braces cut out. I am not sure if they helped with the problem but I do know they created another problem. The access to the upper OC-12 plate was restricted by 4"!

Attachments

• DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 278

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
This is a picture of the brace they welded up inside the access hatch. They did this to try and fix the weakend deck. They just didnt want to go the extra mile and pull the whole deck off and do it right.

I would say that is about a typical structual repair for a ole Snot Track owner .....:yum: Hell Mike , I would just add a little extra BONDO with a mixture of straw for additional support and run with it . Its going to break down and be pulled home by a Kristi Snow Cat anyway ,so whats the difference ?????:rolleyes: :tiphat: .
I would have been nicer if you had not made that ugly comment about KT3's . I hear the new name for your Snot Master is "Butt Ugly".

What's that old saying about "He who throws the first stone ?".....:snow2_smi:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I just got off the phone with the original owner. I asked him what he carried on the back deck. He told me one year there was a Kristi NO cat convetion there. He said every single Kristi broke down and had to be hauled back the 60 or so feet to the parking lot. Most owners just opted to have him haul there junk piles to the local dump 8 miles away. Thats what broke the outer deck rails. All that DEAD weight. So the bright side BigAl is there is even a local legend of one Kristi that looked like a Bath tub being hauled to the dump on the back of my Thiokol. SO maybe just maybe we can find some pumps that will really work for you. There should even be some KT3s in that dump somewhere as well for your little band of Kristi Nerds..:yum:

So BigAl what is that saying???? After reviewing the historical archives on Forums Forums it seems that YOU were the one to throw the first stone!:moon: :yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So BigAl what is that saying???? After reviewing the historical archives on Forums Forums it seems that YOU were the one to throw the first stone!:moon: :yum:

Well I never !!!!!!...... IT was not a stone ! It was a brick . And you should not be talking that way to the leader of the Kristi Cat free world . You Snot Track and Thickhead owners are so rude .
Good Day sir !

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK here is a few pics from today. I decided to cut the "L" brackets on each side of the OC-12. I will use the 1 1/2x1 1/2 tubing instead. I found a bunch of little stress fractures only around the rear sections. Most will be replaced the rest will be drilled then welded.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Four pictures.

I decided to extend the deck 10" in length.

Attachments

• DSCF0001 2.JPG
    DSCF0001 2.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCF0004 2.JPG
    DSCF0004 2.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF0003 2.JPG
    DSCF0003 2.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF0002 2.JPG
    DSCF0002 2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 269

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well here are the photos from today. I have everything cut out and all the replacement steel cut to length. I will cut the rear bar after I square everything up and weld it. Then the back piece will be measured, cut and welded up. The "C" channel that covers the outer edge and over the plywood ends will be replaced with 1/4" aluminum diamond plate. It will be the same dimensions. Heres the pics.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
6 pictures.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 256

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good! Quick question/observation though: On the outer bars extending to the back, I'm guessing that those bars going down through the tracks are only there for support while youre welding it up?(pic bottom right)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good! Quick question/observation though: On the outer bars extending to the back, I'm guessing that those bars going down through the tracks are only there for support while youre welding it up?(pic bottom right)

I'm sure they are, but it would be a classic Mikey move, wouldn't it! :yum:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
BobP, Now your just being mean! :argueing: Wait your not supposed to weld those to the outer axles?:4_11_9: Actually I had them there for picture taking purposes and didnt think "I" needed to explain that. BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG. :rolleyes: :poke: OK, The tube and the can of mineral spirits are there to just support the out tubes so I could take the pictures and let you see how its going to look. They will be removed before I weld. :yum:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
OK, The tube and the can of mineral spirits are there to just support the out tubes so I could take the pictures and let you see how its going to look. They will be removed before I weld. :yum:

Hey, we just had to be sure. After drinking down that can of mineral spirits who knows what you may have been thinking!! :burp:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Found out my welder had a small heart attack. (Didnt know they could be small!) Anyway he is sending someone here next week to weld everything up. So I will post more pictures when she is finished. Then all I need to do is spray the liner inside and carpet!

shovanl

SUPER Site Supporter
you may be able to help me in my post (snow depth) in most ways my cat is just like yours can you tell me what the model #'s mean 1200, 1202 1202a and so on the name plate on mine calls it to be a 1202 std std meaning the track I think Larry

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well I can tell you that a 1201 is a 2 passenger. A 1202 is a 6 or more passenger. MTNTOPPER, NUTTSER AND MNTCRWLR will know more about the designations than I. Our cats are pretty much the same except mine is aluminum skinned while yours is steel skinned. Thats why your weighs 1,000 lbs more than mine. BUT you have an automatic which is very nice. Mine has an NP435 with a Granny low 1st. Its meant for hard core work and play. If I keep it I will install a Ford AOD automaticv transmission with a very tall O.D.. I really like your snowcat alot! Bill had a gem there. Your scored big time!

Last edited:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Our cats are pretty much the same except mine is aluminum skinned while yours is steel skinned. Thats why your weighs 1,000 lbs more than mine.

Well, of course the steel cab version 1200 Thiokol like on my LMC has more weight than your thin skinned Spryte which enables mine to dig to the bottom of the snow and get dirt traction faster than your aluminum cab version which just sit on top of the snow, spins out and fails to get enough traction to move forward similar to BigAl's KT7......:yum: and thus, the heavier snow cat will always win in the end....:4_11_9: Don't you agree, or do I need to bring this up on the forum for a vote...:shitHitFan:
I am sure Boggie will heartily agree with me as he is a degreed engineer and we all know dirt provides more traction than snow. :thumb: