• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hollywood says 'stay at home moms' are "Regressive & Borderline Dangerous"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hollywood says 'stay at home moms' are "Regressive & Borderline Dangerous"

Wow.

My mom was a stay at home mom.

My wife quit a $100+K/year job to spend more time with our daughter when our daughter was young.

To my mind a "Stay at home" mom is a virtue and a positive influence on children. Its a good thing.

And a new movie called MOM'S NIGHT OUT celebrates, in humor, the lives of stay at home mothers and mixes in some positive Christian values too. So what is the problem? Well apparently the move is, according to movie critic Roger Ebert, "depressingly regressive and borderline dangerous" for society!?! WTF is his problem?

RogerEbert.com says the PG-rated movie may be dangerous to the culture at large in its official review.
Depressingly regressive and borderline dangerous, "Moms’ Night Out" peddles archaic notions of gender roles in the name of wacky laughs. But it also wants to be "About Something." It wants to inspire as well as entertain. It’s "The Hangover" aimed at Christian audiences, and if that sounds like an impossible prospect, well, that’s because it is.
The critic also claims the movie tells audiences that men should work and women should cling to their traditional roles in society.
But the ultimate message here is unmistakable, regardless of your religious beliefs: A woman’s place is in the home, not out on the town.

But Roger Ebert is not the only one out there who thinks that stay at home moms are a bad thing.

The New York Daily News also critiqued the film for allegedly saying a woman's place is solely in the home.
Don’t be fooled by the title, or the “Hangover”-style trailer. “Moms’ Night Out” is really all about moms staying home, where, according to this movie, they apparently belong.

Links to the above absurdity:
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/moms-night-out-2014

and

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/moms-night-movie-review-article-1.1782995

leadarrows

Re: Hollywood says 'stay at home moms' are "Regressive & Borderline Dangerous"

American values are under attack like I have never seen before in my 60 years.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

If Ebert and the NY Daily news doesn't like it, I'm adding it to my "watch list".

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter

really---- when were values removed.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter

Roger Ebert is dead. Christy Lemire wrote the review. I hardly think she speaks for Hollywood. Nor does the New York Daily News, IMHO.

That said, I'll probably rent this one when it comes out on Amazon Prime. :thumb: