• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LMC 1800 Blade stuck

SnowcatOperator

Hello all, I have this lmc 1800 with blade angle stuck, will not move either direction. I spent 2 days tracking the problem down and found a short in the wiring from angle switch on the joystick (c-handle) to the wire connector under the console. I replaced the wiring but blade is still stuck. I am kinda stumped. I think its solenoid for the hydraulic valve is stuck. how hard is it to replace it? I am learning about the hydraulic system.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello all, I have this lmc 1800 with blade angle stuck, will not move either direction. I spent 2 days tracking the problem down and found a short in the wiring from angle switch on the joystick (c-handle) to the wire connector under the console. I replaced the wiring but blade is still stuck. I am kinda stumped. I think its solenoid for the hydraulic valve is stuck. how hard is it to replace it? I am learning about the hydraulic system.

Find the valve in question and remove the retaining cap. Remove the magnetic coil, turn on the switch and see if it is magnetized. If not replace the coil.
If it is, then replace the valve assembly.
You maybe able to test the valve if there is another solenoid valve near by. Remove and switch the coil with one from another circuit, and try it.

Regards, Kirk

SnowcatOperator

Find the valve in question and remove the retaining cap. Remove the magnetic coil, turn on the switch and see if it is magnetized. If not replace the coil.
If it is, then replace the valve assembly.
You maybe able to test the valve if there is another solenoid valve near by. Remove and switch the coil with one from another circuit, and try it.

Regards, Kirk

It was exactly that. Switched and it worked. Thank you.