• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LMC 1200A Clark 4 to OC12 conversion

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am sure that has been done. there is a B model 5 man that has floated up on face book market place that has this done to it. It is ugly and hangging way high in the too flimsy tunnel.

there are some talented folks here that have done some great work. folks like me came in a little late and asked a lot of questions and like most forums the knowledge base that created the content moved on to other hobbies.

search back around 2007=2009 on here and you will find a lot of thiokol chatter.

Gren

Thanks for the input. I think, and could be wrong , that later models of the LMC1200 came with the OC-12 rear end. I dont think there is that much weight difference between the Clark 4 and the OC-12. That said I believe the frame is substantial enough to take an OC-12. There is zero difference between the forces placed on the frame from the transmitted force going through OC-12 and a Clark 4....the transmitted force from engine to rear end is identical other than whatever friction losses may be incurred. I appreciate your thoughts/opinion etc but what I really need is to hear from someone who has actually done this.