• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4B auction (Portland)

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• 3BF6B909-7079-4804-92C9-CCE980CA0641.jpeg
    3BF6B909-7079-4804-92C9-CCE980CA0641.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 842

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be the first to admit that I am completely snowed by anything snowtrac but it looks to me as the tracks are on backward? Maybe the cab is, what do I know.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
it will make great lawn art, going to be a really bad bad bad snow year west of the Mississippi, maybe a someone out east should buy it !!!

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sno on the ground here in Massachusetts. NH and ME are off to a great start.

If it were in Portland ME I would take a look.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it will make great lawn art, going to be a really bad bad bad snow year west of the Mississippi, maybe a someone out east should buy it !!!

Just for the record, MN outdoors is East, West and North of the Mississippi. technically he is qualified.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it looks like a low hr one owner rig to me. it is almost complete. i'm wondering if they have a parts inventory.
jim

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be the first to admit that I am completely snowed by anything snowtrac but it looks to me as the tracks are on backward? Maybe the cab is, what do I know.

That is a Trac Master version of the Snow Trac. It has extra wide tracks. Also the fenders are extra wide from the cab forward. Some were wide all the way to the back of the machine, some only to the cabin. The wide tracks with the 1/2 length wide fenders may be why it looks odd to you.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

so, if you were to put 2 snowtracs together, back to back, you would have a 4 track machine and it would be a back asswards snowcat, should look familiar...

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this thing in Oregon or California anyone check the auction? Looks like Cali I'm in Wershington.....

By George, I believe you are correct! Looks like the machine is in California.
Sorry boys and girls for the Portland mix up......

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
jenn
you do know that your legs are to long for a snow trac?

?????

there are serval snow trac owners that are taller than I and they all seem to fit just fine into their fabulous and wonderful snow tracs...:eatdrink::eatdrink:

happy thanks snow trac giving to T-Rex, you old dinosaur

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
?????

there are serval snow trac owners that are taller than I and they all seem to fit just fine into their fabulous and wonderful snow tracs...:eatdrink::eatdrink:

happy thanks snow trac giving to T-Rex, you old dinosaur

Yes in fact you are correct. I am an example of that at a strong 6'3"+

There is a trick that will move the drivers seat back a good 3" and it makes a big difference for a taller driver. I did it to mine soon after I bought it. The former owner had started the job, and I finished it. You need to move the grab handle behind the drivers seat back 3", and reinstall with an offset bracket you make for the end of the handle against the wall so your seat cushion will fit. Keeps that seat back in place as well...

Happy Thanksgiving :smile:

Regards, Kirk

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
The seat behind the driver in my st is 6 inches shorter than original. moved the drivers seat back and now it all roomy. OK, maybe not roomy but my knees aren't against my chin.
Still fits two normal adults ok on the bench. If they have complained, I haven't listened to it.

PJL

What is that belt driven shaft for that comes off the right side of the engine?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that is a blower to cool the variator.

I have seen them on other st's as well as ST4Bs'

After looking at the interior pics, and not seeing any valve body, I wondered about that. My crusty memory seems to remind me of this fan set up...

Just were did they mount a hydraulic pump on these when they had the rolling basket groomers on them? Same location, or on the other side?

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think a small pump was in front of the crank at the front of the engine.

The Auction just ended with a Winning Bid of $15,200. With the 15% Buyer Premium, the actual price was $17,480. I stopped bidding at $13,500. A bit too rich for my pocket book! Still, it looked like a great Snow Master! I guess I'll just have to be content with the ST4 Snow Trac that I already have... was hoping to add to my collection.

Attachments

• MSmith ST4.jpg
    MSmith ST4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 385

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I feel that was a truly unmolested specimen.

"comments about hour meters and their displayed values drive me nuts."

But I don't think sourcing a chronograph, swept arm style hour meter would have been easy to source.

again this is a fine example of "Cats in the wild" ......

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
The Auction just ended with a Winning Bid of $15,200. With the 15% Buyer Premium, the actual price was $17,480.

It's likely worse than that... Depending on the purchaser, they had to pay California sales tax on the winning bid amount AND 15% buyer's premium. The sales tax in Plumas County is 7.25%, which brings the total up to $18,747.

Is that a record for a Snow Trac? I'm thinking this was "well sold" as opposed to "well bought"... However, in fairness to Snow Trac lovers everywhere, it does look like it's all there, and I imagine some parts are in the "unobtanium" category.

Did anyone note the name of the winning bidder? "junkman"