• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up early, could not sleep...

Making a pan of pecan caramel rolls for the family this morning..

Cut brush and some small tree's yesterday, and I am a little bit sore from all that... More of that later today lol..

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a guy out yesterday morning to look at my dam. What started as a seep is now a full fledged flow. It may be a whole redo job. Damnation, just when I've got some decent sized fish in there.

I spent the afternoon yesterday mowing the yard. With the tropical storm coming it's hot and muggy out there but it looks as if it is going to miss us altogether so no or little rain.

Just like Kirk, I have to get back to my pasture mowing and spraying. It's nearly all backing up work which is really hard on this old man's back and neck. I can usually only do a couple of hours at a time before I have to quit. It's darned hard to get anything done like that.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I spent the afternoon edging, brushing and blowing the yard. It looks good. I hoped to get some string trimming done too but with the heat index sitting right at 100°F I was hot, wet and tired by the time I got it all done. The string trimming can wait until tomorrow. The tropical storm brings us a slight chance of rain and thunderstorms tomorrow and Tuesday so I'll get back to spraying on Wednesday when it's supposed to be in the mid to upper 90s and humid as hell. Well, you've got to work with what you've got.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up at 5 with the baby. I get the morning shift. Actually Mitty and I get the morning shift as he is an early rising dog. Walter and Nelson tend to sleep in late.

Bottle, diaper change, espresso and the WGN9 news.

Going to be a HOT HUMID day here. 90’s. The type of day we keep the drapes closed and the AC running. On the bright side my S-I-L cleaned the pool yesterday! So maybe do a bit of relaxing in the water?

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Up at 0600 hours Military time.
For civilians, that's 6:00 AM
If you are a liberal, it's when the big hand is on 12 and the little hand is on 6

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up a few times throughout the night. My body is telling me a storm is on the way. Sure enough, when I looked at my weather app, we'll be getting the remnants of a tropical storm tomorrow night and today we'll be getting a band of thunder storms passing through.

Got the truck camper off the truck yesterday in the rain. Today is unloading it before the rain hits.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The plumbing and heating company is here installing a new ac unit.
Geez, nothing was wrong with the other one.
I guess the landlord thinks it's high time they all are replaced?
The York is gone, he's putting in a Payne.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The plumbing and heating company is here installing a new ac unit.
Geez, nothing was wrong with the other one.
I guess the landlord thinks it's high time they all are replaced?
The York is gone, he's putting in a Payne.

Is it payneful you are yorkless?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Tearing down two more 8 foot sections of old fencing, destroying all the shrubbery and junk, then and installing two o the new cedar one's.

Cleared the patio of all the materials and will power wash the stone pavers Tuesday.
cleaned Dad's old but never used gas grill. Assembled a wood burning unit and set it up. That and the bistro tables will make a nice BEER GARDEN.

Next project is lay to a drain for the roof gutter off the garage. Then I can put in a new floor to the shed and use it to store the lawn mower, trash can and garden tools.

35 years ago I added a 6 foot wide X 24 foot long storage shed to the garage. It matches the house as though original build. I will demise off about 9 feet of it for the yard equipment . The front 15 feet will be opened to the main garage as a shop. Finally getting around to using it as intended.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Emptied the truck camper then crawled up a ladder onto the roof of it to put some seam tape in a couple areas that were leaking during a downpour last week. Then I fired up the Jacobsen tractor and mowed 3/4 of the lawn until I blew a belt. Off to the city to find a new belt. No luck. So I came home and found a dealer for that make of mower deck and ordered two new belts.

The sun is still shining but there's a tornado warning only a few hours west of here.

The in laws are apparently coming this weekend as he cut the tip off his middle finger with a table saw and needs surgery.

Bannedjoe

Relocated some fence to make room for another project.
I hate pounding T-posts.

I had a guy scheduled to come dig post holes for the other project.
Supposed to be here at 5:30 am.
No show.

Of course it was someone else's fault.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
All done!
He had a meter thingy attached to it waiting for it to go down to 300.
He said it's like watching grass grow. Lol
I'm all set.

Now I can finally make supper.

20200608_171932-680x655.jpg

20200608_171951-768x538.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Back from the work cabin, ass dragging in the dirt, repot tomorrow

OK now that I am rested up a little here goes
when we got there on Thursday at about 11 am after unloading and setting up I installed the 10" beam and 4"X4" posts to hold the roof up where I cut the wall out. I am no wood engineer but the 2- 2x4 plus the 10" beam should hold it. When finished the opening will have a 4" arch to the top to add a little style.
Friday I finished deleting the old front door by adding plywood to both sides. Then cut down the old counter with sink and placed it centered in the wall biased to one side so there is still 32" to walk through. Also hooked up the drain with hot and cold water. It is temporary as when the floor and cedar walls are done I plan to make a nice one with Granite counter top, stainless sink and a propane stove top on the inside and seating with bar stools on the outside. Saturday I went back under the cabin and ran all of the electrical from the wall recepticals up through the floor to the new breaker box. I got a couple terminated and will finish on the next trip.
Also I put the inverter and batteries by the panel to get it out of the main cabin. Where it is now I have
running hot and cold water to the shower and kitchen sink
drains hooked up
a working toilet with septic system
a partial electrical system.
The next move is the solar.
When that is done it will be much more livable. When I go back I am going to buy a king size memory foam bed and a cheap rug to put it on for now, I am done with using an air mattress.

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 52

Bannedjoe

OK now that I am rested up a little here goes
when we got there on Thursday at about 11 am after unloading and setting up I installed the 10" beam and 4"X4" posts to hold the roof up where I cut the wall out. I am no wood engineer but the 2- 2x4 plus the 10" beam should hold it. When finished the opening will have a 4" arch to the top to add a little style.
Friday I finished deleting the old front door by adding plywood to both sides. Then cut down the old counter with sink and placed it centered in the wall biased to one side so there is still 32" to walk through. Also hooked up the drain with hot and cold water. It is temporary as when the floor and cedar walls are done I plan to make a nice one with Granite counter top, stainless sink and a propane stove top on the inside and seating with bar stools on the outside. Saturday I went back under the cabin and ran all of the electrical from the wall recepticals up through the floor to the new breaker box. I got a couple terminated and will finish on the next trip.
Also I put the inverter and batteries by the panel to get it out of the main cabin. Where it is now I have
running hot and cold water to the shower and kitchen sink
drains hooked up
a working toilet with septic system
a partial electrical system.
The next move is the solar.
When that is done it will be much more livable. When I go back I am going to buy a king size memory foam bed and a cheap rug to put it on for now, I am done with using an air mattress.

There's nothing like the satisfaction involved in a project like this.
Carry on!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Is it payneful you are yorkless?

The old one looked like this.
I mean exactly like this.
The guy who installed the new one said it was approximately 30 years old.
It worked ok.
That's one thing I love about living in this apartment.
They take care of things before problems arise, and it's very much appreciated.

download.jpeg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Assuming you have 4" of bearing surface on the end posts,,,;

The 2X4's on top add some strength if nailed every 16" Other wise they are actually more load. The two sandwiched 2X10's at 12 feet will support 1,200 lbs at center, if they have 1/2"of plywood attached or sandwiched between them.

A 1/2"five ply CDX @ 10", on its edge, can hold more weight than a 2X10. It also adds the missing 1/@ of thickness to match up with the 3 1/2 2 X10. KI always sandwich a piece in my headers and screw the unit together on 16" centers. One row on the top and one on the bottom.

From what I see in the photos, you are in good shape

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The old one looked like this.
I mean exactly like this.
The guy who installed the new one said it was approximately 30 years old.
It worked ok.
That's one thing I love about living in this apartment.
They take care of things before problems arise, and it's very much appreciated.

View attachment 127394

You should save a little on the electric!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You should save a little on the electric!

My electric and water bill is only like around $240 a month.
It's combined for the city of Napoleon.

That's been the average since last August when I moved in.
Tiny place, but I'll let you know next month when the next electric bill comes due.
:tongue:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I need to get my butt in bed!
Naps, Facebook, activity around the apartment plus a whole slew of other stuff has me groggy yet not tired.
How can I not be tired?

This calls for asmr readings or classical music.
I don't do drugs.. I just give them.
:goodnight

Status
Not open for further replies.