• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Worked on mulching some of the flower garden areas, planted some decorative flower pots. Chainsawed out some bushes that were overgrown. My brother showed up with his broken chair. Spent way too much time fixing it but its all back together. Enjoyed his visit. He quarantines in a town about 12 miles north of here, I felt comfortable without a mask, but we were mostly outside and I was wearing a welding helmet for a good portion of the visit.

Melen is making some sort of Italian fish stew for dinner. I'm sipping on some sweet vermouth with a splash of lemon. It is a good day so far.

:thumbup:

Local cop said there is a rumor the riots are going to come out to rural America. After I got done laughing I told him the bus lines do not run here so I feel pretty safe. He said that they better bring their own body bags.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No vermouth here, however I did purchase a 6 pack of Stella Artois AND Yuengling to take up space in my fridge..:smile:

Big Boy restaurant was bare.
We were the only ones there.
I've found that when you want to discuss matters with family or friends, a nice quiet restaurant is the place.
We ate good. I even bought some of their wonderful tartar sauce.

20200531_143908-1152x1152.jpg

20200531_144645-1152x1152.jpg

20200531_145607-1152x1152.jpg

20200531_145617-1152x1152.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There's word that one of those terrorist groups is going to invade Council Bluffs, Iowa this evening, so I'm on call for that. A few GOP and Tea Party people are staying in touch with the police department, in case they need any help. The police dept. has an 8:00 PM curfew this evening.

You can read more on the Council Bluffs Police Department Facebook page if you want:

https://www.facebook.com/CouncilBluffsPD/

Edit to add: Maybe we can kneel on their necks. <GRIN>

Lenny, if you're out of Facebook jail yet, I'll add you.
:clap:

Bannedjoe

No vermouth here, however I did purchase a 6 pack of Stella Artois AND Yuengling to take up space in my fridge..:smile:

I've found that when you want to discuss matters with family or friends, a nice quiet restaurant is the place.
Wow, I didn't know Big Boy still existed.
I've always wanted one of those "Big Boys" for my shooting range. :)

One thing's fer shure, being in a restaurant that just reopened, you know the food is really fresh, or really, really old. ;)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, I didn't know Big Boy still existed.
I've always wanted one of those "Big Boys" for my shooting range. :)

One thing's fer shure, being in a restaurant that just reopened, you know the food is really fresh, or really, really old. ;)
Lol
There is one here and Defiance, Ohio.
Years back, some college kids from Defiance college stole the statue on a dare.
Nothing ever became of it.
He's been back home since.
I almost took a selfie of me standing by ours today, but my hair is in covid crap style until I decide if I wanna pay Michael's salon $75 to do it for me.
Until then I'll look like an 80s queen on Aquanet.

The food was fresh.
4 servers looking at us when we walked in, then got busy real fast.
Kept coming back to ask if everything was ok.
Sure it was.
Since y'all are standing there watching us eat, I'll wave my hand to motion you over if it's not.
Lol

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 127104

View attachment 127105

View attachment 127106

View attachment 127107

That Bigboy location looks familiar, is it in Napoleon right off the expressway by a Walmart? I did some jobs at Campbell soup there a couple of years ago and we ate there a couple times. My favorite is Cosmos in Defiance.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aw, son of a bitch.
That's sad.

Pirate Girl, prayers and best wishes for Roberta and her family.
I finally got a chance to post again in her support group a while ago.
Meal Train for her is going to be my lasagna in a big container that they all can have for leftovers.
That thing has taken off so much that I can't even do it until mid July!

I posted Maria Cary's take of "I'll Be There" for her.
She loved it.
:wub:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That Bigboy location looks familiar, is it in Napoleon right off the expressway by a Walmart? I did some jobs at Campbell soup there a couple of years ago and we ate there a couple times. My favorite is Cosmos in Defiance.
Yep!
And Cosmos is still open.
:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You can not leave Cosmos hungry. I love that home cooking there, Like the lake perch all you can eat day.

Back in the day, it was China Buffet, then it was a Rax, then a private owned place with a name I can't recall.
I think since then it's been Cosmos.
On east second street.
We lived off east second and Douglas for a while near the old Brickell School.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Back in the day, it was China Buffet, then it was a Rax, then a private owned place with a name I can't recall.
I think since then it's been Cosmos.
On east second street.
We lived off east second and Douglas for a while near the old Brickell School.

I don't remember the street names, What I remember is there was a warehouse we had to go to there and the exit off of the highway when you came to a light there was a car lot with VW's up on poles for a sign and Cosmos was right down the street.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't remember the street names, What I remember is there was a warehouse we had to go to there and the exit off of the highway when you came to a light there was a car lot with VW's up on poles for a sign and Cosmos was right down the street.

That's PackRats right across from GM.
It's a pawn shop.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Lenny, if you're out of Facebook jail yet, I'll add you.
:clap:

I should be out about June 6th.

By the way, some of my friends helped business owners put boards over their windows. I wish they had told me because I would have drove into town for it. We'll see what happens now.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I should be out about June 6th.

By the way, some of my friends helped business owners put boards over their windows. I wish they had told me because I would have drove into town for it. We'll see what happens now.

:thumbup:
I'll sign on and add you anyway.
It'll be there waiting.
By the way, earlier today one of my extreme leftist friends commented on a post I made concerning these events with a shared meme.
You know when your shared posts get locked out with the lock in the corner, then says: the member either removed this post or it got deleted?
That got deleted or reported.
I don't care either way.
Traci has been a friend of mine since childhood, was a teacher at Kent State, but she sure likes to comment on things even though I'm fairly middle of the road when I do.
You'll find that most of the time I'm not too political on Farcebook.
Once in a while.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whole brisket is already in the smoker this morning. Tonight should be a good night.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Whole brisket is already in the smoker this morning. Tonight should be a good night.

Awesome.
I already put a nice piece of beef in the slow cooker with vegs to go low and slow all day.

The weather is beautiful again.

One thing I'm very thankful for today is to be living far away from the madness.
It feels like the world is falling apart.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I got the back 40 mowed yesterday and moved on to phase 2, the bug killing in the yard. I went to start up the little tractor and … nothing and I mean nothing. Not even a click or a grind, just nothing. I hunted down the fuse box. There are only four fuses and they were all good. I stripped off the all the engine panels to get to the battery and removed it for charging. I don't think it is the battery. It seems to be okay, but you have got to check. After that I don't know. I'll dig in to it further today.

Bannedjoe

I got the back 40 mowed yesterday and moved on to phase 2, the bug killing in the yard. I went to start up the little tractor and … nothing and I mean nothing. Not even a click or a grind, just nothing. I hunted down the fuse box. There are only four fuses and they were all good. I stripped off the all the engine panels to get to the battery and removed it for charging. I don't think it is the battery. It seems to be okay, but you have got to check. After that I don't know. I'll dig in to it further today.
I'm putting my money on the battery.
It's rather amazing how far they've come along in the battery dept.
Their deaths are appear to to be set to the atomic clock.

Not long ago, I went out to start one of my trucks.
It ran just fine the day before.

Turned the key, and barely a thing.

As I inspected the batteries (2 of them) I saw that I had somehow purchased two year batteries.
Looking at the date on them they were both exactly two years old to the month.

A battery can easily show almost proper voltage, but yet hardly hold an amp.

So just because a battery reads 12 volts or better, doesn't mean it's good.
But you probably know all these things.

I know they're not made where and how they used to be, but I still have the best luck with the 5 year Interstate brand.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Did some paperwork this morning, an invoice and a couple estimates, Just went outside to work on the flower beds and its already to friggin hot. Tomorrow I will have to get my ass out there a little earlier. So I will take a rest day.:clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Starter relay.

Same problem with my wife's Brush hog. Beautiful Honda engine. 10 years old,
it starts on the first pull every time. Yet the electric starter was winky twice.
Both times it was the relay.
I told the wife, if it happens again, just pull damn the rope.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I talked with some cops in downtown Council Bluffs, Iowa today. Told them we are aware that the rioters are coming back this evening and we would be around if they needed us. I like working as a community.

Me & Cops on 100 Block.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to change out the starter on the Jacobsen mower last year. Same thing. Started fine most of the summer. Went out to move it one day and click click. Nothing.

I was busy today getting things ready for 4 days of fishing and camping out in the woods in a pit 3.5 hours away. Normally we go every 3rd weekend in may to the annual fish camp. But with covid, the province had a ban on crown land camping. They just lifted that today. So I'm taking 2 of the boys in the old rotten truck camper and heading off Wednesday morning. Lots of work. The truck camper only gets used once a year but suits the purpose.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Walked over to pay my rent.
The office is still closed, but the apartment manager goes there every day to unlock the drop box to collect it.
Got more phone data from Verizon for the month.
Went down to the utilities office to pay the water and electric.
Superman decided to pay a surprise visit because "I'm bored, Mom".
I think he misses his Mama.
Two days in a row he comes to see me.
Unheard of.
The kid is becoming a tank.
But I call him fuzzy bear.
The beard is back.
Lol

20200601_220305-594x771.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today's task is to finish packing for the fishing trip tomorrow. It's going to be a hot muggy day. It rained yesterday and is supposed to be 30 celcius.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a meeting this morning at work to discuss the new rules next week concerning covid precautions and family visits outside on the patios.
It's about time!
The weather is going to heat up later.
I may go out and buy some pretty potted plants to put out.
I want petunias and impatiens.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank god for wind today. It reached 30 for the first time in over 2 years here. Almost ready to hit the road tomorrow for 4 days of fishing and fun in the bush. The old truck camper is loaded up. Same as the boat. Just a few things left to do then I'm ready.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Got up had coffee took a download in the plop shop.. Queued at the bank for a hour... Sent money to my grown up kids as lock down as taken a big hit on them... Got home walked the pricks (dogs) planted some seedlings... Sent boris my pm a email calling him a prick... Typical day and I'm still smiling :jumprope:

Status
Not open for further replies.