• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

10 meters is booming!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have an hf rig, 10 meters has been booming for a few weeks now. I finally figured out how to properly operate my Ten-Tec Omni-D, and have been having a ball making new contacts and posting them on my QRZ.com page (KD8PFB). This morning I added Ireland and Guadalejara, Mexico to the list, and I'm headed back down to the shack as soon as the lunch dishes are cleaned up to play radio till the wife gets home.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i have herd that i would like to try it out i just don't have the time to set up any hf stuff righ now

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm doing all my work with a wire dipole nailed to the ridge board of my garage attic, and it's made from #12 thhn wire and a homemade 1:1 balun. Been talking across the CONUS, Europe, Mexico and Cuba with it. Throw a wire up in a tree and fire up the hf rig.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you've seen pics around here ain't no trees and i still have to wire the hf for a 110 plug

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah...we take a lot for granted down here in teh lower 48. Well then, tie the damn thing between two objects that won't move...at least until you've made some contacts. :yum:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you've seen pics around here ain't no trees and i still have to wire the hf for a 110 plug
I remember comming across a national forest in Nome one time. Don't think it was real.
Jim

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Today my LDG AT-100Pro II antenna tuner is supposed t arrive. I borrowed one from a friend, and it really made a big difference on my 10m dipole. I'm excited to try it out on my 10-15-20m fan dipole to see how that receives as well.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it's going to be awhile till I'm back on the Ten-Tec Omni-D hf rig. I took it to a fella (WA8SAJ) this morning to get an alignment and a complete checkup while I get my general class studying complete and take the test. Jeff has an outstanding reputation for his work on radios, and I can't find a single bad review on him. he's been doing Drake rebuilds for over 30 years, and is rated among the best in the country. It also helps that I know his brother from my church, and we have many friends in common. I may also try for my Extra Class at the same time. I have the study guide, so I might as well go for it and get it all out of the way if I can.