• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

HankScorpio

4" in Alaska is a good start Woody 1. The rest of us will be seeing it soon. Waiting for a new cat to arrive. Hopefully I will have plenty of time for pre season service before the real snow flies.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we had 3 inches a few weeks ago when i was hunting most of it blew away got a dusting last night now the temps came up it's almost gone again it will come and stay soon enough

utahwilson

White stuff starting to show up in Utah. This about a mile from our Cabin.

Attachments

• MonteCristo.jpg
    MonteCristo.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 290

undy

Powder Mountain. Wow, that brings back some fragmented memories. I took a long curvy ride down the mountain to Ogden, in the back of an ambulance, fading in and out of consciousness, several years ago.

Seems we were skiing in a white-out, judging terrain by the bottoms of fir trees. The powder was great. They were closing the back hill and had called last run of the day. I headed into the woods, but when I came upon a cat-track, it was a big drop with no warning. Amazingly, I was somewhere under a lift. A Ski Patrol rode over and asked my buddy "does that lady need help?". (I had long hair.) He told her "That ain't no lady. But yeah, he needs help."

Nowadays I try to keep from falling on my head so often. But thanks for jogging my memory.

EDIT: Oh Yeah. I'm here in Wisconsin, and we've got squat for snow. Crap.

HankScorpio

We just got 5"-6" in Laramie WY at 7200'. The Snowy Range got more but they are still plowing Hwy 130 over the top. WYDOT is trying to keep the road open until the end of the month for elk season. Bring on the snow!

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I am at Big White ski resort right now . Its snowing and accumulating 10inches out front of the condo . Been snowing here all day . 26 F

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
snow advisory was canceled for us temp is going back down below 0 to night after only 3 inches of snow.

airdale

Brian Head, Utah
10,500 feet....windy with 4 to 5 foot deep drifts some areas dirt... averages to about 3 feet...light powder a great Christmas and the Imp worked great!

HankScorpio

We have finally seen some good snow in SE WY over the past few weeks. Better late than never. Going to take the Tucker out this weekend and see if it's all just rumors and lies! There is supposed to be 2-4 feet on top of the Snowy Range now at 10,000 ft and the ski area at 9000 ft has picked up 2 feet in the last couple weeks with 6" of fresh on Christmas day. It's snowing nice big flakes right now. :)

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
check this out first sleet than snow 23 sept 13 about 10:30 am I hope this means a long and busy snow cat season.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 101

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don its 71 degrees here today, will be closing the swimming pool in a week or two. No snow in the forecast.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Don its 71 degrees here today, will be closing the swimming pool in a week or two. No snow in the forecast.
Closing the swimming pool at 70 degrees? my kids were still swimming 3 weeks ago and the divers are still trying to find their fortune on the floor of the bering sea they are figuring about 3 more weeks and they are done.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I heard some places in the interior got up to 4 inches yesterday. I think winter is coming early Thank You Al Gore, for global warming.

Cletis

Calling for another 6" in the Big Horns tonight.

Actually seen a couple snow cats sitting out today looking like they may be getting ready??????????????????????

Cletis

nikos

According to the local descriptions - reports of the depth of snow, from the Don, Joseph. R.W., Nikson, and Cletis, and combined with the parallel lines of the earth, I'm also close (+ - half ) to the geomorphic areas with the same surface, that they will affected by the weather. (the next weeks).
I am Just kidding. :biggrin::biggrin::
The locals says that in November we will expect the first waves, the arrive of the winter here in my area, and until then, the Autumn is another season with a lot of colors - images, with different smells, etc. etc.
First we will expect the end of the Autumn, that signifies the arrival of the winter.
The temperature now is close to +-10 Celsius or +- 50 F.
It is early for the winter.

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• 1parallel lines in earth.jpg
    1parallel lines in earth.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 194