• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Jonsered CS 2172

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
When the call went out for someone to review the Jonsered 2172 we looked everywhere for a 6’ tall, overweight, tenderfoot to make the first few cuts. But lacking volunteers with the proper credentials, yours truly had to step up to the plate.

Not sure how I got out of shape so quickly but maybe me and this saw can fix that! :wink: Lol. Anyhow, here is my new saw. Aside from a quick start/shutoff at the store, this is the first time I even started it and made any cuts.

Behold, the Jonsered CS 2172

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok Squerly,

I saw and didn't post. Looks like it should do the trick. Bigger saw than the Stihl MS 390 I have I think. If so you should be able to fell the biggest trees you care to. Got a good dealer near bye?

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Get some full chisel chain and knock the kickers down a little. You have enough saw to really do some cutting now. Since you said you will be felling a lot of trees just remember to clear an escape path before you drop them. Good luck with it!:clap:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
For the booger of me I did not see the post or I did not have time to check it out.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Get some full chisel chain and knock the kickers down a little. You have enough saw to really do some cutting now. Since you said you will be felling a lot of trees just remember to clear an escape path before you drop them. Good luck with it!:clap:

Good advice. Nothing like a "dangerous" chain to cut some wood fast!

Sweet saw Squerly! :thumb:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I almost got that exact saw:smile:, it was right in the ballpark for what i needed. but got a Stihl instead , I'm sure you will be very happy with the longevity and power.and remember,no ethanol gas for that bad boy.:wink:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Fine looking saw ......had not heard of it before Where is it made? and can a poor man aford it??

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Fine looking saw ......had not heard of it before Where is it made? and can a poor man aford it??

had i got one from the dealer buy me, it was over a grand with a 20" bar , a case and with spare chain after tax. not sure what he spent, but it was not cheap. they make smaller saws but the 2172 is 5.6 hp pro saw for extensive forestry work.