• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
At the gym now. Getting my teeth cleaned after lunch this afternoon. The hygienist and I talk about guns. I need to ask her if she and her boyfriend bought the .380 we talked about 6 months ago. I'll drop off some donations to a local place that helps homeless people...all volunteers. Then visit we friends and then back home

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I've walked early a.m. before God turned on the blast furnace.
I'm off now until Sunday.
The 4th is my holiday, not that it matters.
No celebrations going on in our covid crazed state.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
At the gym now. Getting my teeth cleaned after lunch this afternoon. The hygienist and I talk about guns. I need to ask her if she and her boyfriend bought the .380 we talked about 6 months ago. I'll drop off some donations to a local place that helps homeless people...all volunteers. Then visit we friends and then back home

The hygienist said she and her now fiance bought a S&W .380 for her. She complained a little about her fiance burning out the battery on her AR-15 scope. X Ray with no cavities. YAY

Got back home and a neighbor lady told me another neighbor went for dialysis. He walked in and collapsed. The sent him to the hospital, which is just blocks away. They couldn't revive him. Very sad.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear lenny.

I came back from camp this morning to drive my son to work. I don't envy him. Lol. He's a cook at a smaller restaurant. Very hot in there. I was a cook when I was his age for a year.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally taking the new Forest River "Tiny House" out for a spin this weekend. We are putting it down at the lake so we don't have to rent a hotel room for the Grand daughter and her best friend.

It's small but has everything. We bought it to go out west for a four week honeymoon camper adventure. Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc. Covi-19 kinda ruined that idea. So we are parking it at Lake Stockton where we have our sailboat. The kids can sleep there and we can honey moon on the boat.

I built two 4'X8' decks we will use with a cheap 10X10 pavilion tent. Made of 5/4 treated they are heavy and will hopefully, with a picnic table mounted, support the tent in storms.

My son has still not gotten his Maxum 27 cruiser ready so we need to have accommodations for two teenage girls. After this week end love tryst, it will be theirs for the summer.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I put it off as long as I could but I had to start mowing the yard today. It was 95°F and 80% humidity. In other words it was nasty out there. You could cut the air with a knife. The grass was pretty long and I had to go slow so I only got it half done. Three hours was long enough out there. I'll finish it tomorrow when it is supposed to be exactly like today … NASTY!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Started out the day by changing out a couple of bad wheel studs on the f150 which meant taking the tire off, removing the brakes and dust shield to get the studs out.

Went to the city to shop for a new dining room table. Found one that opens up to 10 feet long with 2 built in leaves. Consulted with the boss. She likes it and it matches the buffet we got a few months ago.

Same as the one in the picture but with a grey finish matching the buffet in the second picture. We went with the wooden chairs. It comes with 6 so we ordered 2 extra.

The floor guys are doing the final sand then laying down the third coat of varnish.

2b1ee84a458c56133be1eff1614df8c4.jpg
9acb2edbcc93487be513650329f0a75a.jpg
2eceeb069511eb71b87f7bfb317f1f40.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's positively oppressive outside!

I went to late lunch with Jules.
Came home and tada!
My new Chromebook was waiting for me.
At last!
I gotta get back into the swing of this.
I've been on a phone too long.
:smile:

20200703_172932.jpg

20200703_173246.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's positively oppressive outside!

I went to late lunch with Jules.
Came home and tada!
My new Chromebook was waiting for me.
At last!
I gotta get back into the swing of this.
I've been on a phone too long.
:smile:

View attachment 128062

View attachment 128063

I think you will like it! I use my ipad all the time. Ban spammers while sitting in the recliner! :bolt:

Desktop only is used once or twice a week.

Bannedjoe

Topped up the batteries on the solar system, and gave them their semi yearly bath.
Put a new battery in the Bully, and gave it a bath.
Figured might as well give the Vic a bath too!

I'm taking a road trip somewhere soon.
Screw this covid crap.

Attachments

• IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2458.JPG
    IMG_2458.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2457.JPG
    IMG_2457.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 74

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This says it's already got security built in?
I'm looking around and see that it must be the case.

The most secure is don’t turn it on. Second most is turn it on but don’t connect to the internet.

Anything else could be a problem. :bolt:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The most secure is don’t turn it on. Second most is turn it on but don’t connect to the internet.

Anything else could be a problem. :bolt:

Well I can't log on Facebook from it because I don't remember my password as it's been years, plus the email I used is no longer active.
I'm afraid if I try to change it, I'll get locked out.
Phone to computer won't speak to the other.
Oh well!

Today, I'm not going anywhere or doing anything.
I'm making myself a steak dinner and listen to the illegal boom booms (again).
Someone was having a great time last night.
Lol

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The American Legion is having a barbeque in the Avoca park . I'm going to it and maybe go into Council Bluffs later to see some fireworks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading down to the dock slip to take the cover off the boat so we can go tubing later when the temperatures are ridiculous.

Probably have a few beer later to cool down and stay hydrated. Followed by a few more this evening around the fire. I may top that off with a few more before stumbling my drunken ass to bed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I got my mowing finished yesterday. I got a message from Onstar just as I was getting ready to leave for town saying that the battery in my car was dangerously low. They were right. I got in it and tried to start it and all hell broke loose, the doors locked, alarms went off and nothing electrical worked. I had to take the truck to town and one of the batteries in it is a bit dodgy too. 4th of July or not I'm going to have to put a new battery in the car today. Finding it is going to be a challenge.

and listen to the illegal boom booms (again).
Someone was having a great time last night.
Lol

Same here. Late last evening I stepped outside and there were so many gun shots ringing out that it had me diving for cover. It died down a bit after midnight but there were still some people shooting at 1 o'clock in the morning. I suppose it'll be the same tonight. I thought that there was an ammo shortage? :smile: Obviously not around here.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to look at a possible flip house.

This should be a quick one if we get it. Some repairs but mostly just paint, carpet, cabinets, appliances. No moving walls or other major work.

Relaxing this afternoon. Shrimp on the BBQ for dinner tonight. No plans.

But we do hope the guy down the road puts on his annual fireworks show. Didn't buy any this year for us. Hopefully he will provide the entertainment.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I wandered out this afternoon to put a new battery in the Cadillac. That shouldn't take long, should it? … wrong. Darn, there is no room to do anything in that engine compartment. It took about 10 minutes to maneuver the top off the battery box and lo and behold, what do we have here? There is what I can only describe as a bus bar attached to a plastic frame clipped on to the top of the battery. I've never seen a setup like that in my life and the booger doesn't want to come off. I don't want to get too rough with it and break it but I find that there is a trick to getting it off but it took me about 20 minutes to find it. Now I find that there is not enough room to get a hold of the battery and lift it out. Okay, I have a tool for that. Get it out and find that neither of the new batteries that I have are the exact same dimensions as the AC Delco that I just removed so the plastic frame and bus bar won't clip back on to the new battery. So far what should have been a 15 minute job has taken me an hour and a half and I'm going to have to wait until Monday to go to the GM dealer and get a new AC Delco battery. It's 95° and 80% humidity and sweat is dripping everywhere so I say screw it, I'll wait till I get a new battery on Monday.

I get cleaned up and go cook hamburgers and wieners and get ready to drink some beer. MY SIL is bringing over ribs tomorrow and the damned Caddy can sit there till Monday.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Beef short ribs are already in the smoker this morning.

I'll be adding 2 full slabs of pork back ribs to the smoker in about an hour and a half.

Sometime late this afternoon we will be eating a protein heavy meal.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today, then Wednesday and Saturday.
Went to bed early last night and did hear lingering fireworks in the distance.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going to the gym this morning and to Council Bluffs this afternoon to pick up some "Trump 2020" signs to distribute here in the Avoca. I'm also going to a meeting about Veteran suicide prevention. They are really active and passionate about helping Veterans who are thinking about suicide.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to the gym this morning and to Council Bluffs this afternoon to pick up some "Trump 2020" signs to distribute here in the Avoca. I'm also going to a meeting about Veteran suicide prevention. They are really active and passionate about helping Veterans who are thinking about suicide.

:applause::applause::applause:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, Bob and Jim. The group is called 22 Veterans Suicide Awareness Association on Facebook.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Lenny, you're a good hearted person. :clap::clap::clap:

Went to bed early last night and did hear lingering fireworks in the distance.

Same here out in the country. Not much gunfire tonight but a LOT of fireworks. The dogs didn't like it much. We usually take the RV in to the Civic Center on July 4th, camp a couple of nights and watch the City sponsored fireworks display overseen and carried out by the Fire Department. Unfortunately, the City cancelled the fireworks display this year so we stayed home. It's illegal for individuals to set off fireworks in town but that doesn't apply outside the City limits and it seems that people out here weren't going to be without their fireworks. Because of all the trees we couldn't really see them but we sure as heck could hear them. It went on to almost midnight. I suppose that by that time everybody was drunk. :smile:

Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning at 8:30 for bloodwork and then battery shopping.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Lenny, you're a good hearted person. :clap::clap::clap:

Same here out in the country. Not much gunfire tonight but a LOT of fireworks. The dogs didn't like it much. We usually take the RV in to the Civic Center on July 4th, camp a couple of nights and watch the City sponsored fireworks display overseen and carried out by the Fire Department. Unfortunately, the City cancelled the fireworks display this year so we stayed home. It's illegal for individuals to set off fireworks in town but that doesn't apply outside the City limits and it seems that people out here weren't going to be without their fireworks. Because of all the trees we couldn't really see them but we sure as heck could hear them. It went on to almost midnight. I suppose that by that time everybody was drunk. :smile:

Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning at 8:30 for bloodwork and then battery shopping.

:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 75CD73CF-64D5-42DE-A6E5-564DAB00B04D.png
    75CD73CF-64D5-42DE-A6E5-564DAB00B04D.png
    825.3 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.