• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a handful of local distilleries in my area and they all converted to make hand sanitizer too. I think it's great to see people pitching in as they can.

My brother is a purchasing agent for a hospital group locally, he couldn't find hand sanitizer for the doctors offices associated with the hospital. One of my gun/bourbon buddies is close friends with the owner of one of the local distilleries so we put the 2 in touch.

You know this is what makes America a special country. You can kick it in the groin, drop it to its knees and it's going to get back up swinging, biting and gouging. I am so proud of my adopted country and its President.

Bannedjoe

We have a handful of local distilleries in my area and they all converted to make hand sanitizer too. I think it's great to see people pitching in as they can.

My brother is a purchasing agent for a hospital group locally, he couldn't find hand sanitizer for the doctors offices associated with the hospital. One of my gun/bourbon buddies is close friends with the owner of one of the local distilleries so we put the 2 in touch.

You know this is what makes America a special country. You can kick it in the groin, drop it to its knees and it's going to get back up swinging, biting and gouging. I am so proud of my adopted country and its President.
This is the same country who knew alcohol would someday be legal again.
The one's in the know set up malted milk factories.
They made malted milk for years.
When the bill was passed to make booze legal again, they flipped a switch, and badda bing, beer!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
About six months ago we did Three million single use samples of Purell(tm) I discovered them last week in the QA sample/retention room. I have about a 1,000 samples left over and have been handing them out at,,,; Gas stations.
Gas pump handles are possibly the most corrupted devices we all take for granted. Wear gloves or use a plastic grocery bag when pumping fuel.

BTW: I have yet to have anyone refuse the Purell samples.

About two weeks ago when I filled up the Jeep, the guy next to me was pumping his gas while eating a chili dog he got from the station. I'm thinking that ordinarily that is a dumb thing to do, but right now that is just downright stupid.

Damn Chili Dog looked good too. :th_lmao:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
20200326_080148.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like west Texas is the place to be, other than El Paso and who would want to be there even in good times. LOL.

When you get out in to West Texas, social distancing becomes pretty easy.

In East Texas, our county is basically rural with the largest town being just under 5K people. We still have no reported cases with the counties around us having 1 case each. That is except for Smith county to our south which has 16 cases. Smith county contains Tyler which is a medical hub with two hospital complexes and they won't say where those 16 cases came from, certainly not all from Tyler.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Someone posted the website earlier in this thread.

Here is a critical analysis of it, showing it to be wrong.

Please read — https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/2...aq_r46bgC2RgTGS2ytVtbiara5u13xjmIBPVywAXp24n4

Bob, back in the stoneage when I worked for a living, I mentored young, new hire engineers and this was one of the hardest thing to teach them. They were all very smart and very computer savvy but you had to beat in to them that, "When the observed data doesn't match the computer model, THE MODEL IS WRONG". Computer models are wonderful tools for playing "what if" but you have to understand their limitations. You have to use common sense.

That's why I am always skeptical when people flash graphs in front of me when I don't know where the data comes from and how it is being used. I'm old school.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
When you get out in to West Texas, social distancing becomes pretty easy.

In East Texas, our county is basically rural with the largest town being just under 5K people. We still have no reported cases with the counties around us having 1 case each. That is except for Smith county to our south which has 16 cases. Smith county contains Tyler which is a medical hub with two hospital complexes and they won't say where those 16 cases came from, certainly not all from Tyler.

Where are you in east Texas Frank, I lived in Garland on lake Ray Hubbard back in the early 1980's for a couple years.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Where are you in east Texas Frank, I lived in Garland on lake Ray Hubbard back in the early 1980's for a couple years.

My wife got transferred back to Dallas in 1985 and we lived there for 13 years. When she retired we moved about 100 miles east to Mineola in Wood County. It's where her family comes from and there are still plenty of them around here. We live about 6 miles east of town on 13 acres.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hello neighbor!

I lived in Richardson 1981 to 1996.

Yep we were neighbors for a year or 2. I liked that area from what I remember not to humid ,not to hot and not to cold but some really bad thunder and lightning storms. The girls wern't to bad to look at either. I was there on a construction project in Fort Worth at a General Motors plant. When I was there the economy was very bad after the oil crash. I returned to Ca. in 1987 when it was still normal here.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife got transferred back to Dallas in 1985 and we lived there for 13 years. When she retired we moved about 100 miles east to Mineola in Wood County. It's where her family comes from and there are still plenty of them around here. We live about 6 miles east of town on 13 acres.

I never made it that far east in Texas, the one thing I kick myself in the ass for is when lived in Texas as a young man I never made it to New Orleans. I did go all over Texas though, when I went to Houston and South padre Island 1st the humidity almost killed me then when we got to the town of South Padre Island I got pulled over within 5 minutes and quizzed by the local police, we went home after that.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Seems like the virus is concentrated in places where there are lots of Democrats ... just saying. ;)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So it's starting to get personal. My niece was in college in Ottawa. One of her classmates went to bestbuy to buy a TV and is now in the hospital being treated for coronavirus. Instead of getting tested there or self quarantining, my family urged her to travel home to get away from it. She's now driven herself as far as here and is now at the hospital getting checked as she developed a deep cough on her way home. She lives 7 hours west of here. Ottawa is 14 hrs east.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

So even though Obama gave away 100 million masks (and other supplies) and never re-stocked them. It looks like China was aggressively sourcing as many supplies from the rest of the world as early as January ....

https://www.smh.com.au/national/chi...tralian-medical-supplies-20200325-p54du8.html

And of course China-owned Canada (aka Chinada) sent 16 tons of supplies to China as well ...
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/pol...for-sending-16-tonnes-of-personal-protective/

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
So it's starting to get personal. My niece was in college in Ottawa. One of her classmates went to bestbuy to buy a TV and is now in the hospital being treated for coronavirus. Instead of getting tested there or self quarantining, my family urged her to travel home to get away from it. She's now driven herself as far as here and is now at the hospital getting checked as she developed a deep cough on her way home. She lives 7 hours west of here. Ottawa is 14 hrs east.

That is hitting close to home. I hope she tests out OK or at least gets mild symptoms.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

I'll give you a worse one than that.

A mega rich dude from the north-east bought a 10K square foot house on a 35 acre estate about 3/4 mile from me a few years back. I knew the previous owners and it was a beautiful old house. He tore it apart taking out the a/c and heating to create a "natural resort" where people from the north-east and LA area could come to detoxify and destress from their daily lives. I never seen or met the guy but he has been described to me as a super rich, liberal snowflake who views anyone not from NY/NJ or LA as hillbillies.

Well, he just flew a bunch of people down to his estate in order for them to destress from the rigors of their lives in fucking NEW YORK city. We don't have any corona virus in our county so this arrogant, selfish SOB goes importing people from New York. People around here are HOT. It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So they tested her. Said she probably has it and to go home and quarantine. So she's on her way to infest my brother's house. The tests apparently take a week to come back. At least that's what they told her. The nearby city is roughly 115000 population. So far there have been no cases here.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your brother should quarantine her in an RV in the driveway.

Seriously. Some sort of real isolation.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Your brother should quarantine her in an RV in the driveway.

Seriously. Some sort of real isolation.
I think he's locking her up in the basement. It's finished. Separate entrance to the house. Bathroom. That's the plan as far as I know. Btw, that's my brother who's been having the strokes. He an his girlfriend have 2 young kids. They'll be separated from the older daughter who may or may not have it.

Bannedjoe

So they tested her. Said she probably has it and to go home and quarantine. So she's on her way to infest my brother's house. The tests apparently take a week to come back. At least that's what they told her. The nearby city is roughly 115000 population. So far there have been no cases here.

That certainly sucks.
Sorry it's hitting so close home.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
ETF, maybe you and other locals should "quarantine" the whole bunch inside his fences. If they need anything from town go get it for them at inflated prices.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
ETF, maybe you and other locals should "quarantine" the whole bunch inside his fences. If they need anything from town go get it for them at inflated prices.
Mike

Oh, it gets better. Texas Gov Abbot issued a declaration today saying that anyone from New York or New Orleans who enters Texas needs to go in to 14-day quarantine with a $10k fine or 180 days in jail penalty for non compliance.

Someone called the County Judge and explained the situation at "the house" and she contacted Texas DPS to report the situation. There are 14 of them holed up in there. I don't think that the $10k fine will upset anyone up there too much but the 180 days in jail certainly will. The East Texas talking drums have shut down for tonight so I'm waiting until tomorrow to find out what is happening. Should be interesting.