• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank ya!
I need to calm down lol
Too much coffee this morning isn't helping matters.
Haha..

The only way to get too much coffee is to have Pilot deliver it in bulk! :th_lmao:

Attachments

• 53FF5D45-FE2C-481B-81ED-C8E5D7A22B02.jpeg
    53FF5D45-FE2C-481B-81ED-C8E5D7A22B02.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 50

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Decided that today was the day I needed to weed the flower and mulch beds. That was a mistake. Temp well into the 80's and a dew point of 76 degrees. I thought I was going to friggin' die. :yum: Got all geared up for it so stuck it out, but sheesh not fun. How in hell did I ever work out in this all day when I worked for a living? Oh, yeah, I was younger. :yum::th_lmao::yum::th_lmao:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, I-77 doesn't go to Columbus. I-71 does.
Unless you meant take I-77 to I-70 through Columbus. There's a ton of construction on I-70 in downtown Columbus.

Actually either one works. It seems the north outer Interstate at Columbus is always under construction and crowded with traffic. I-71 goes thru some lovely country and is a bit longer a route as well.

But you are correct I-71 ( which is flat and boring)goes just west of the city. And is what I meant. Thanks

BTW, it also goes rather close to one of our favorite posters here. One of these times, I'm gonna get the nerve to stop by for coffee

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not allot today. Physio this morning. Went to see my aunt this afternoon. Packing up tomorrow for a hectic weekend. Camp tomorrow. Friday I'm going to Emo Speedway to watch my brother race. Back Sunday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a celebratory fast food grab at Panda Express. Been busy most of the afternoon.
Gonna go buy some Redd's apple ale down at Handy Dandy.
Hehe

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a celebratory fast food grab at Panda Express. Been busy most of the afternoon.
Gonna go buy some Redd's apple ale down at Handy Dandy.
Hehe

Are you sure it’s safe to mix apple ale with Panda Express? :hide:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Trying to decide what to do Saturday. The Seaport, Antique Boat show or nothing! The Mayflower 2 is being restored/fixed up at the Mystic Seaport. They have it in a huge temp building. Supposed to be finished next year and sail back to Boston.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to decide what to do Saturday. The Seaport, Antique Boat show or nothing! The Mayflower 2 is being restored/fixed up at the Mystic Seaport. They have it in a huge temp building. Supposed to be finished next year and sail back to Boston.

Whatever you decide is the correct activity! :thumbup:

Why not all three? Seaport and boat show, then do nothing the rest of the day! :mrgreen:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
An occupational therapy appointment at noon then out to camp. We have been working on memory loss for the past 2 months. Supposed to be around 30 Celsius this weekend. We're now in a fire ban at camp. 8 new forest fires have started in the area. All lightning strike related.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The Seaport is 1 1/2 hours from me. The Antique Boat Show is 1 1/2 hours in the other direction...so it's one or the other!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The Seaport is 1 1/2 hours from me. The Antique Boat Show is 1 1/2 hours in the other direction...so it's one or the other!

If I were you, I'd love to see the restoration of the Mayflower deux.
That's a once in a lifetime event.

I may also walk over to St. Auggies and take some pictures of the inside.
Most beautiful church I've ever been in aside from the one in Glandorf.
Very gothic, historic and just plain wow!

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes! I visit it every year and check on it's progress. We went on a field trip when I was in grade school to Boston to see it so it's kinda like a homecoming. Huge , massive wooden beams they are replacing. Plus I get the clam chowder there. It's the closest tasting chowder like my Grandma used to make! With oyster crackers of course! I'll take pictures. If I can figure out how to send them!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I survived Day 2 of the mulch beds project. Much nicer and comfortable working outside today. Didn't feel like an over cooked prune when I came in the house. :yum:

Hot and muggies coming back tomorrow, so prolly an early start and finish. Sure has been a hot summer. I do not remember a summer with so much muggy weather up here. Oh well, in 3 months or so the snow will be flying. :hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually either one works. It seems the north outer Interstate at Columbus is always under construction and crowded with traffic. I-71 goes thru some lovely country and is a bit longer a route as well.

But you are correct I-71 ( which is flat and boring)goes just west of the city. And is what I meant. Thanks

BTW, it also goes rather close to one of our favorite posters here. One of these times, I'm gonna get the nerve to stop by for coffee

Just got orders from the boss, I ain't going just yet. I wish she had cancelled the trip before I had the damn wheels off the truck. Oh well. Seems I need to go to CT in late September early October. At least it will be cooler.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good day to work on your Life Story?? Buy something fun for the Grandbabys?

The life story (poem) is an ongoing work in progress. I mean for years. Edited much too.
I can be anywhere and a line or thought comes to me and I write it down.
I used to keep a paper pad on the nightstand if I had a thought in the middle of the night.

I'm seeing the grandbabies on Sunday.

Today will be quiet.
I'm making beef stew for dinner.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Going to hit the mulch beds and flower gardens for Round 3 today until the muggies and rain chase me indoors.

The Hibiscus plants are finally blooming!! They got a real late start due to the cold spring. :clap: They are sloooow to get going in the best of years, but this year was real late.

Enjoy your day everyone and keep busy. Life is grand. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.