• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting equipment and provisions collected, cleaned and ready for our Sea Trial in MOONRAKER on Friday.

Foul weather Gear, rope coils, Galley equipment, tool kit and PFD's

And then there is the important stuff. GlenLivet and Champagne.
:clap::clap::clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the boys and girls club annual meeting tonight. We have an excellent program here for the kids. They give awards to the kids. Evan, our oldest, got the president award.
6ba3ebfe8a76dbbbc812b9c928c86c11.jpg

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I am having my kitchen remodeled. Through Lowe's. The cabinets were delivered last Thursday. They had been sitting on my carport for a week.

I had thought that Lowe's would have been notified when they were delivered. That is not the way it works though. I called Lowe's early in the afternoon the next day (last Friday) after they had been delivered.
Lowe's told me that the installer would call me by the end of the day. I never got a call so I called Lowe's on Monday. They hadn't told me the name of who they had contracted with yet so I found it out. They told me that they would call the installer and that he would contact me Tuesday at the latest. I still hadn't been called by the end of the day. So I called him Wednesday. First he told me that he hadn't heard anything about it until I called him. But then he said he had gotten an Email and mumbled some excuses. When he told me that the earliest he could even get started was the end of next week. He just had the attitude like he couldn't give a damn. I wouldn't have minded if he had given me a call. It would have taken 5 minutes out of his precious busy schedule. Instead he lied about not getting the message. So I went off on the guy.
I then told him that I would call Lowe's. He must have called them first because when I called the guy who answered knew exactly who I was and he told me that his supervisor was on another line with the installer and that she would come on the line when she got off of it with him. Which she did and she said that he (the installer) would definitely be calling me by the end of the day.
Which he did. I explained the one reason I was so upset was because he hadn't at least taken the time to call me. The second reason was because I was worried about the stuff being damaged. And that I could not be held responsible if it was.
On the paperwork it says that the things needed to be inspected to be inspected within a week from delivery.
He came out this morning and got it inspected. I had moved a lot of the stuff out of my kitchen already. He got the cabinets stuff in it. stored in it.
Then he decided to discuss politics. He would NOT SHUT UP! No wonder he is behind schedule. He just kept talking. He is fortunate that I am a Republican as he went on and on.
I had given him a Coke and gotten one myself. I finally I got up and went outside to throw it in my recycle bin. he tagged along yakking all the time.Then I gradually worked my way down my driveway with him following, following somehow in front so he could look at me while he ran his mouth. If he talks that much all the time instead of working it's no wonder that is behind schedule. I worked my way out to his truck. I backed slowly away. He kept talking about that famous (and delicious) political document the "A la carte."
Fortunately he got the hint and left.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Question. Did the chicken "Meow"?

No, but my digestive system has been playing hell with me.
All day yesterday, all night up and down to the bathroom.
Last time was at 6am this morning.
Now it's just an overwhelming weakness.
Ty went to Kroger last night and got me ginger ale and more Gatorade.
Don't think I'll be eating much today.
Resting.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feeling better today, but still taking it easy with my stomach.
Ty and Ali went to Menards to get something to fix the water pump or pressure system.
Whatever it is, he seems to know what the problem is.
We all took trickling showers this morning.
It's always something!
He wants to grill later.
Fingers crossed that damn phone doesn't ring from dispatch.. even the babies know what that ringtone means.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
meh-- lunch, (via my fridge)
television; lack-of-snooze;
soon, i'll hafta put my eyes & liptint on--
then, beverages/food half my block away--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank God we have water again.
The problem was a ruptured bladder tank.
Not only is sonny boy a great mechanic, he's a plumber too.
:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My babies are eating scrambled eggs and toast at their little Minnie Mouse table like angels (for now) :yum:
Ali is at the chiropractor, just heard an accident call on the scanner- wreck at the 15/18 split.
Geez, I know who'll be going to that one since that's where the other shop is located.

I've got my hospice visits this afternoon.
That's about it.
Life is fine and dandy. :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Last day of my monday afternoon pain management program today. The sun is shining. The snow is melting. I was able to wash the truck in the driveway for the first time. This evening is scouts. We'll be going through the camp equipment we used on the weekend and cleaning/repairing everything.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be a relaxing day I hope.
Thought about walking the river path and searching for morels.
From what I am hearing they are plentiful.
Just won't go too far unless there are creepers around.
Phone in hand and packin'.
Sounds like a plan.
:D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Only thing I'm doing today is working this afternoon.
I'll lunch at Pontiac Park in the car because the view is lovely.
The kids are scattering building blocks throughout the house and having a ball.
:smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Shortly after arriving home from work, I decided to uncage the birds for a while.
They had a ball.

Attachments

• 20180425_182712-442x402.jpg
    20180425_182712-442x402.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20180425_182513-609x434.jpg
    20180425_182513-609x434.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180425_182327-540x587.jpg
    20180425_182327-540x587.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 76

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still about 3 weeks away from my first mow. Half the back yard still has snow. I think we finally lost the rest of the snow in the front today. In a few days I'll gather the troops to rake the lawn.

We just had 20 people here for our daughter's birthday. She's 11.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We've mowed once so far.
Everything is really greening up.

Don't know what today is going to bring.
Ali had a consult for knee surgery this afternoon at 2:30.
They called to ask her to come this morning at 10:15 as the surgeon had to leave the office early...she declined. :confused2:
Some things make no sense to me, I just live here.
:yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been studiously avoiding people all winter and it worked, I didn't get sick. I went up to Dallas for the funeral of a good friend on Sunday. Actually, it was more like a wake. He didn't want a memorial service, He just said to get all the family and friends together and have a party and I never miss a party. The upshot is that after being around all those people, on Tuesday I started feeling terrible. It seems that I caught a mega cold. Yesterday was a totally wasted day. Today I'm feeling a little better but I've got to feel good tomorrow as we got a lot of things going on. Good things.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a sore throat today. Just went to my pain management group. Totally lost my voice. I feel fine otherwise.

Another appointment this afternoon for our youngest. He hasn't grown in a year. Only gained a pound. He's 8 and still in size 5. We call him the runt of the litter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm seeing my hospice people this afternoon.
Victor and Loretta.
His daughter brings the chihuahua over to see him every time I've been there.

Grocery shopping after.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Fitness program this morning. 5 of the kids have a pd day from school so they'll be sent off to the boys n girls club down the street. Then I'm off to attempt to open up camp.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm up by myself enjoying coffee.
Ali went to a Mom to Mom sale.
Ty is off to Detroit aka Shitholio.
I'll be in charge of the girls until noon.
They're still sleeping.
I'm creeping around trying to not wake them.
:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be a gorgeous day for grilling.
.. and walking, and picture taking.
That's what's on the agenda today.

Got my scheduled hospice visits knocked down to one. I'll see him this evening.
The lady chose to go to a facility vs staying at home.
Tomorrow I'll meet with the RN at the office and see about picking up someone else.

rugerman

Brought my wife to the beach (Gulf Shores Alabama), my old stomping grounds, things sure have changed. My wife loves the beach, she is like a kid, she likes to walk the beach and pick up shells, we came down here a couple of months ago and she found bunch of sand dollars (dime to quarter size) after a heavy surf night. So we be here til Monday hen we are heading home with a stop at Billy’s seafood for some whole flounder to broil, and hopefully some grouper and flounder filets for broiling or frying, and a stop at Burris’s produce stand in Loxley to get some tomatoes and whatever else strikes our fancy.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Working on my brother's race car. Getting ready for a paint job. She's a pig with lipstick. Lmao she's supposed to be a 75 chevelle malibu

d3adee67e4f212f4b80d006869cc3f2d.jpg

ec0c9d68d44e0ce08145f6895cc28b90.jpg

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been outside!
Cleaning up flower beds, just enjoying the beauty.
A Canadian goose was by the pond.
Ty has a burn pit out there.
He went out to burn some boxes and Omg!
Lol
She didn't like that at all.
I won't get near them.

Attachments

• 20180429_145521-614x614.jpg
    20180429_145521-614x614.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180429_150815-614x614.jpg
    20180429_150815-614x614.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180429_145401-614x614.jpg
    20180429_145401-614x614.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20180429_145341-614x614.jpg
    20180429_145341-614x614.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 32

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
More...
I predict sore backs tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20180429_171636-614x614.jpg
    20180429_171636-614x614.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180429_171909-614x516.jpg
    20180429_171909-614x516.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 35

rugerman

When you over do it or do something that causes soreness at this time of the year we call it “the spring stupids” and no it does not have anything to do with old age.

Status
Not open for further replies.