• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Laid my aunt to rest yesterday. Had all her kids, spouses & grandkids & spouses at the house afterwards and well into the evening. She had 5 kids, none of which talk with my uncle and he doesn't talk with them. Also all of them had to come in from out of town, Florida, Texas, Tennessee, California and ???

The 3 (cousin & wife) + daughter that came up from Florida are staying with me. All their flights back into Florida were cancelled. So now they are stuck here. I'm OK with that. Really I am. They wanted to go shooting. I sent them to Chicago. Figured I'd just send them to a shooting instead of teaching them to shoot.

Sorry to hear. I'm on standby right now for my uncle. He was just admitted to the hospital with 20% heart capacity and while they were testing for that they found a mass in his lungs.

That looks pretty sweet :w00t2:
It is. My buddy here at camp has a Polaris ranger 570 which is very similar to mine. I took his for a spin today after trying mine for the maiden voyage. The Polaris is quieter and rides smoother but sadly lacks in rider comfort. Plus mine looks cool sitting still. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Had some of the family over after the memorial mass for my aunt.

There are several not in the photo, my family included because we were playing hosts. Those in the photo are the 5 kids (all older than me), 3 spouses, 6 of their kids.

All from out of town. All staying at different places. My home was more or less a central point and large enough to accommodate all of them so I offered it up so they could all get together. They only all get together about once every 3 or 4 years because they are scattered all over the country.

Best part of the afternoon was reliving the good stories. I grew up with the youngest of the sons, spent a lot of time with this family, we occasionally vacationed together, went on ski trips together, etc so I was part of a few of the stories that were told around the room. It was happier than it was sad, so a nice send off to my aunt Irene (or as we called her, Aunt Ikee)

3 are still staying with me because they can't get back to their homes in Florida. The rest were only with us for an afternoon/early evening.

Attachments

• IMG_7409.jpg
    IMG_7409.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 129

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back to town after breakfast this morning. I'm hurting. Legs are tingling and weak from the hips down. Back is throbbing. No strength.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Hacked up and hauled off a 36+" by white oak today . Not going to mess with splitting and stacking it for a while as it doesn't rot like red oak . And ,I have somewhere round 25-30 cords stacked and under cover . Also, I'm old ,sore ,and tired ...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio and working on the bathroom sink plumbing. How women manage to clog a drain this bad with hair is beyond me.
4f86edb2af6d479edc66e3b68334e811.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am leaving for the weekend this afternoon to once again stay with Ali and the girls until Sunday night.
We'll be going to the farmer's market, a Foodie Fest on the grounds of Cabin Fever coffee and a Storybook Adventure for the kids at the college which is to promote early literacy.

Other possibles are the zoo and anything else I can think of.

Ty is still in Texas. There was talk that they'd be transferring to Florida, but that won't be happening now, thank God lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So today is supposed to mark the second best day of the year. It's the start of bird hunting up here. The other best day is the start of walleye season in the spring.

Two things have hampered this though. First is the thunderstorm we had last night along with the heavy rainfall warning. The second is that I just dropped the side by side off at the dealership to have a windshield roof and gun rack installed.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Trying to place a credit freeze at Equifax. I got it done at Experion and Transunion.
I think Equifax should automatically freeze every one's credit report until they get a handle on this mess.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow. Good luck. Congratulations.

We headed to camp in a severe thunderstorm warning last night. Now I'm at our local dirt track for the annual one off event. The track is about 50 miles in the middle of nowhere down a bush road and hasn't had regular racing since 2002. But for the past 4 years they held a one off weekend every September.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
85+(F) today so I've been in the pool.

Also did some light work around the pool.

Biggest decision of the day will be deciding what to put on the grill. Debating between a rib eye and a good butcher made hot dog. I could go with either option. But if the butcher has any bone-in rib eye steaks that will be the deciding factor.

So no plans but to be lazy. First time in 9 days that we've had the house to ourselves. Our hurricane victim house guests left the house yesterday at lunchtime to return to Florida. The Sarasota couple has a missing car. It was apparently towed out of a legal parking spot in front of his home to make room for an emergency vehicle that was needed access to an adjacent home, which was damaged. But no damage to his house other than throwing away the food that was in the refrigerator & freezer.

The other, the daughter, who lives in Orlando, returned home to no issues at all. Her husband rode out the storm in the house. They lost power for 2 days but he set up a generator to keep the essentials in proper condition.

It was actually nice having them as houseguests. They were very respectful of our time, did their best to not be a bother, but we enjoyed our common times when we were not otherwise committed to fencing, work, etc.

I'm getting married today. ;)
:weneedpic

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Day 2 of the dirt track invitationals at mosquito speedway today. Much better weather today. Cars are just packing.
aa5a74326a44fd5da59f47467ac8e22f.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a nice time with the family over the weekend.

Elaina, the 1 year old had a meltdown in Outback Steakhouse.
She didn't like the sling seat or the noise, so we rushed and got out of there fast.

Spent ALL DAY in Fort Wayne, Indiana on Saturday zooing, shopping and of course, eating.
The traffic was horrible because of the Johnny Appleseed festival.
We finally left to get back to Defiance near midnight, after a Target shopping excursion.

Back to work today.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Taking a break from using the pole saw (40v Ryobi battery powered) after trimming back a nice locust tree to make it a bit more reasonable. It has begun to cast too much shade over the top of crabapple and a red maple so I cut back some of the side overhangs. I have figured out why husbands die before wives. I was using a 9' extension saw while standing on top of an 8' ladder, cutting down branches that were falling down on top of me. Only way I could reach them was to be under them.

Nephew is coming over to rebuild a small retaining wall, it will be completely dismantled, new crushed limestone base under it, then rebuilt in the same place. This little wall has held up for nearly 15 years on its sand foundation but is looking pretty tired and needs some help.

I think he is bringing over 2 guys with him so I'll be cooking burgers on the grill for lunch too.

Day 2 of the dirt track invitationals at mosquito speedway . . .
Is that the real name or a nickname because the mosquitos are horrible? Either way, that name would scare me away.

I hate those little things!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 2 of the dirt track invitationals at mosquito speedway today. Much better weather today. Cars are just packing.
Why are all the cars going the wrong way around the track? All our races, including dirt run counter-clockwise around the track.

I "was" going to do some more canning today but in the process of rinsing them, I just thought they weren't ripe enough. So, I'll put them back. Might be a problem as I'm heading to NY tomorrow morning for a few days. Hope the tomatoes don't rot before I return.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Taking a break from using the pole saw (40v Ryobi battery powered) after trimming back a nice locust tree to make it a bit more reasonable. It has begun to cast too much shade over the top of crabapple and a red maple so I cut back some of the side overhangs. I have figured out why husbands die before wives. I was using a 9' extension saw while standing on top of an 8' ladder, cutting down branches that were falling down on top of me. Only way I could reach them was to be under them.

Nephew is coming over to rebuild a small retaining wall, it will be completely dismantled, new crushed limestone base under it, then rebuilt in the same place. This little wall has held up for nearly 15 years on its sand foundation but is looking pretty tired and needs some help.

I think he is bringing over 2 guys with him so I'll be cooking burgers on the grill for lunch too.

Is that the real name or a nickname because the mosquitos are horrible? Either way, that name would scare me away.

I hate those little things!
Lmao. Yes. That's the real name of the racetrack. This car actually used to race. The guys nickname was Studebaker Stu. Now they converted it to make a sign for the track. But yes, the mosquitoes can be bad up here.
b9eae9e4a57ce13045bbb943ccf1a7f2.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Why are all the cars going the wrong way around the track? All our races, including dirt run counter-clockwise around the track.

I "was" going to do some more canning today but in the process of rinsing them, I just thought they weren't ripe enough. So, I'll put them back. Might be a problem as I'm heading to NY tomorrow morning for a few days. Hope the tomatoes don't rot before I return.
They were just packing the track after a two days of rain. They run backwards when they pack for some reason. At one point they had about 50 cars out there packing.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I put the finishing touches on my new patio today too. A little touch up paint and picked up some new cushions for the wicker chairs.

I had the stone here for almost 30 years. Finally put it to some good use.

20170913_150351.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Same old thing for a Thursday off.
Shopping for groceries, cleaning.

I made some salt and pepper baked chicken thighs with my fab romaine/walnut salad for dinner.

My son is still in Texas, but they should be coming home next week (yay!)
He's getting pretty frustrated with hotels and fast food, not to mention missing Ali and the girls like mad... he's making big bucks tho, but as he expressed to me, sometimes the money don't matter Mom. .. dat's mah boy!

I'll be going back to stay with them from Friday the 29th to October 2nd.
Time's getting closer for me to be a Defiance,Ohio resident again.

I plan to be there permanently by Christmas if it all comes together.
2 job prospects as well. :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Had a rough couple of days. Woke up Wednesday and my mid back all the way to my head was so sore I could barely move. When I attempted to get out of bed I immediately felt a burning numbness and tingling in both legs from the knees down. When I stood up I nearly fell to the floor. After reaching for my canes I was able to walk to the living room where I spent half the day sitting down. Yesterday was a little better and I was able to walk outside for 10 minutes. My legs are still burning and tingling today but at least I can walk again

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much. Came back from camp having another rough day. Been laying in bed with a heating pad on my back all afternoon.

Feels like I'm doing a waltz lately. One good day. Three bad ones. Makes it hard to do anything productive on a good day knowing that I'll pay for it for 3 days following.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I stayed up past 2 am, mostly surfing the web.
I was hoping to sleep in a while but one of neighbor's dogs. Across the street, kept barking.
I finally got up. I'm not even sure where it is. Think it's the next block over and across the street. (I live on the corner).
I thought about finding it and pounding on the A hole who owns it door. But I didn't want to get shot or arrested.
Now it's finally stopped.
Dare I try to go back to bed?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got up at 6am as usual. First step to the floor landed me on my a$$ as my left leg gave out on me. Spent most of the day laying in bed yesterday with severe back pain which affected the use of my legs. Going to be a 2 cane day and I'll be lucky if I make it outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.