• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Today is supposed to be the last day of this cold snap. I hope so as I am chomping at the bit to get outside and start spring yard work and a few projects. Need to tear down the pergola over the patio and build a new one that looks like it isn't 100 years old. :yum:

Mother says I need to stop spending $$$$ on my pickup and start getting serious. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So much for sleeping in.
One word: felines. :hammer: LOL
On the bed, on my head and batting me awake at 7am.
grrrrrrr!

Anywho.. wide awake now with the caffeine drip in place.
Meeting at 1, shopping here and there.. then dinnah at Red Lobster or Bob Evans.
I suggested a coin toss.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today is supposed to be the last day of this cold snap. I hope so as I am chomping at the bit to get outside and start spring yard work and a few projects. Need to tear down the pergola over the patio and build a new one that looks like it isn't 100 years old. :yum:

Mother says I need to stop spending $$$$ on my pickup and start getting serious. :yum::yum::yum::yum:
Lmao. I can relate. She who must be obeyed is questioning while I'd have the dealership change an upper control arm because the ball joint has 2" of play. Can't change just the balljoint. No wonder 2 of my tires are about 60% tread and one front tire is almost bald.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hiding at the cigar lounge this morning. Cleaning lady is at the house.

Its cold this morning, temps right around freezing but supposed to be upper 40's this afternoon, maybe hitting 50? The weatherman is saying it should top 70 degrees here tomorrow.

Have to drop off all my tax papers at the account's office. Finally got them all put together for him to work on. I'm sure I'll get 20 questions after they look them over, but the process is starting.

Have to run to the post office at some point to get an international stamp or two for mailing some Easter cards to my nephew in London.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm hiding at the cigar lounge this morning. Cleaning lady is at the house.

Its cold this morning, temps right around freezing but supposed to be upper 40's this afternoon, maybe hitting 50? The weatherman is saying it should top 70 degrees here tomorrow.

Have to drop off all my tax papers at the account's office. Finally got them all put together for him to work on. I'm sure I'll get 20 questions after they look them over, but the process is starting.

Have to run to the post office at some point to get an international stamp or two for mailing some Easter cards to my nephew in London.

Always a good feeling to finish the taxes. For another year at least.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Went to Lowes today looking at appliances with the one who must be obeyed. Man, are those suckers expensive.

BTW, came home with a brandy new pressure washer. :clap::clap::clap: I can't wait for the temps to go above freezing so I can try it out. :ermm:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Lowes today looking at appliances with the one who must be obeyed. Man, are those suckers expensive.

My wife is working on her kitchen remodel and a new Sub Zero fridge freezer. Holy shit, you want to talk about expensive!!!!! She's almost, but not quite, given up on the granite counter tops and she's talking about replacing the Corian counter tops we installed 20 years ago with stained concrete. I'm staying the hell out of it. I'll hand her the check book and say, "Have at it".

My day consisted of taking the RV for its State inspection which it passed. I did notice that when not plugged in to shore power, the house batteries were reading really low. I filled them back up and let them charge. They seem to holding a full charge again so we're good. The rest of the afternoon was spent washing my car. The East Texas pine pollen season plays havoc with vehicles and you can't just wash it off. Wash, wax, dry and polish all the glass and my day was about shot.

Right now I'm sipping a cask strength Glenfiddich and getting ready for whatever tomorrow brings.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're due for new appliances but are waiting till we find out whats happening with my accident lawsuit and other medical tests. (a new bigger more handicap accessible house may be in the future).
Picked up the truck from the dealership yesterday. Heading out today to buy another set of tires for it since I have 2 good ones about 60% and two that are shot from the blown ball joint. I figure $100 for 5 Bridgestone dueller tires with only 15k on them is alright. Even if they only last a year.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Me three. I hate laptop mousepads. I haven't even looked at my laptop in months. I mainly use my cell or my 10" asus tablet with keyboard. It's nice with the touchscreen. Windows based.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at the tire shop waiting for a new tire to be installed. Set the appointment for 9am because the delivery truck with the special order tires shows up at 8am. Well guess what didn't show up on time? In fact guess what didn't show up an hour late?

So here I sit waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting ... on a chair that doesn't have nearly enough padding.

At least they have wi-fi and free coffee.

I NEED to get a wireless mouse. The touchpad drives me nuts.

I love the touchpad on the MacBook computers.

Pressure sensitive. Does different things if you multiple fingers. Work great.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I pulled in there at 10:45am with no appointment. Out at noon with 4 new tires balanced and installed. Not bad service. Now home for a nap before I have to take our 13 year old to get his braces removed. He's had them for just over a year. Then home for supper before band practice at 5:30. Only lunchtime and I'm exhausted. Didn't help that I was wide awake at 3:50am in pain again.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I'm nice and comfy sitting next to the wood fire while it's snowing to beat the band outside. I'll bet I'm a lot more comfy then you tire store guys. :yum::yum:

If you'll excuse me, I gotta go put another log on the fire. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at the tire shop waiting for a new tire to be installed. Set the appointment for 9am because the delivery truck with the special order tires shows up at 8am. Well guess what didn't show up on time? In fact guess what didn't show up an hour late?

So here I sit waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting ... on a chair that doesn't have nearly enough padding.

At least they have wi-fi and free coffee.

I love the touchpad on the MacBook computers.

Pressure sensitive. Does different things if you multiple fingers. Work great.

WOW,pressure sensitive isn't the word for it.
I am learning the multiple fingers thing, as well zs which bar to click.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I'm nice and comfy sitting next to the wood fire while it's snowing to beat the band outside. I'll bet I'm a lot more comfy then you tire store guys. :yum::yum:

If you'll excuse me, I gotta go put another log on the fire. :yum:

We are having a record breaking day here for temperature and it may break 80 degrees F.

I'm still stuck in the tire store. There is now a bedsore on my ass. The chairs have an appearance of being padded, but its just a bad joke they play on the customers who endure sitting in them for long hours.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Temps here over 70 today. Woo Hoo
Moved 2.5 to 3.5 tons of tore out concrete to the river lot. I've had it by my pole barn since it was tore up years ago. Finally getting it moved to help reinforce the river bank and slow down erosion a little bit. The tractor and the RTV hydro dump bed make this work bearable. Still my back hurts just from scooting, pushing, pulling and lifting on the stone blocks. I suppose the biggest ones range from 100 to 300 lbs. Whew.

Edit to add:
My calculations for amount of concrete moved were way off. It was more like 2500 to 3000 pounds ....a good bit less than I first calculated. Still, my back is sore.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We are having a record breaking day here for temperature and it may break 80 degrees F.

I'm still stuck in the tire store. There is now a bedsore on my ass. The chairs have an appearance of being padded, but its just a bad joke they play on the customers who endure sitting in them for long hours.
At least I moved locations. Lol. Now I'm sitting in a dinky assed little office chair waiting for our son to get his braces removed. At least the tire place had better chairs.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At least I moved locations. Lol. Now I'm sitting in a dinky assed little office chair waiting for our son to get his braces removed. At least the tire place had better chairs.

Pulled out of the parking lot at 1:45 :sad:

Honestly my butt is still sore from sitting in the hard chair for so long.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting here with los 4 gatos staring at me.
Using the desktop right now.

The others went to a bonfire thing.
I'm beat from working.
Had a fish dinner from the Knights of Columbus.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Men's breakfast at church this morning, then hit a few salvage yards looking for some Mustang and Explorer parts for my pickup. No luck, so far but most yards are closed today so I will keep trying.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had our mens breakfast last week. There's normally a guest speaker afterwards. Last we we had someone telling us all about the future of mining in northern ontario. It was interesting.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We had our mens breakfast last week. There's normally a guest speaker afterwards. Last we we had someone telling us all about the future of mining in northern ontario. It was interesting.

Yep, we had a guest speaker as well. Great guy with one of the most infectious laughs I have ever heard. All in all a good time. Just wish I had better luck a the junk yard. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Took a drive out to camp to check on things and hopefully bring my flatdeck into town after the 10am service today. Not happening anytime soon. There still a good foot of snow out there on the level.
d5bb43cf530753dc92058feba0bdc529.jpg

Looks like the weight of the recent wet snow snapped the ridgepole I had holding up the tarp over the boat. Didn't appear to damage anything.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Freezing rain this morning so staying put. No need to hit the roads and join the driving circus out there. Anxious to get working outside but winter is still hanging on.

So, guess I shall go get another cup of coffee and do some internet shopping. :yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.