• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another setback in the battle

Kane

So sad. Yet we should all hope to face the pain in our own end of life with such dignity and courage. God Bless, muleman.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I had had the chance to meet Bill in person. We talked about that some time back. He would have liked to come to my farm.. And I would have liked that very much as well.

We don't get to choose the day or the method of our own passing. I hope with all of my heart that Bill is in a better place with out the pain and suffering of an earthly body holding him back. Sad day, perhaps, but the end of the suffering is not so sad..

Regards, Kirk

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
You knew that I reserve these only for the special ones...I'll make these in your honor for a cancer patient that I know. RIP, Bill. You will be missed, but remembered well.:flowers:

P1020551.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Does anyone have the current situation and/or arrangements?

I sure don't, but only know what he's always told me how it'll be at the end.

This whole thing has been like a bad dream since Friday evening.

I wouldn't think of calling the house as right now is family time, which should be private.

loboloco

May he walk the shining fields forever, knowing neither cold nor want. Another good friend gone.
I hope that he got at least one crop off the seed corn I sent him.

Leni

That's two great members of this board that have passed. :sad: RIP Muley and Big Al. I'm missing both of you.

Now the rest of you stay healthy Damn It!

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I just watched a film Doc called After.life and it gave me the ebejebies....are you shitting me???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Will oil beef hooked. Bill gave us all a scare for sure. No matter. Doesn't look like a good outcome and I will still be praying for him and his family.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Guys, Muleman just posted over on NTT. He said the prognosis is not good, hospice has been called but he is still kicking. Good ole Muley. :clap: :clap: :clap: About gave me a heart attack to see him posting. A do da do da kind of moment.

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=116925#post116925

Yep.

I don't know how to say this other than just coming right out and saying it.

First of all, I got the phone call from Bill the other night at 6:26pm stating that he was not expected to make it through the weekend.

Around 9pm, I also got an email from his address that looked to have been sent to a bunch of different folks and then forwarded on to me.
It looked like it had a virus or a questionable link in it, so I deleted it.

Then I got an email from who I assumed came from his wife or a contact person.
That mail was entitled Bill.
All it said was he's gone.
I didn't save it, so I have no idea who that came from??.

Now....... I just heard from Bill from home this evening and he's still alive.
This was at 6:46pm

I am not gone yet but the docs don't give me long to go. Hospice folks were here today and at least I am back home. My kidneys are failing badly and the pain pills knock my bp down to unsafe levels. taking morphine now. Many thanks to all the fine folks I have met on the forums.

I want to offer a formal apology to the forum and to Bill himself.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Only things like this can happen over the internet.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill,
If you read this and I know you will----
I hope you last a lot longer than the good folks giving you care are hoping for.
It's been a pleasure knowing you and being your friend.
Rest well and find comfort in knowing you have a lot of people on this forum and others who've truly cared about you.

Godspeed and Blessings,
Loralei

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill,
If you read this and I know you will----
I hope you last a lot longer than the good folks giving you care are hoping for.
It's been a pleasure knowing you and being your friend.
Rest well and find comfort in knowing you have a lot of people on this forum and others who've truly cared about you.

Godspeed and Blessings,
Loralei

:thumb:

What she said!!!

Regards, Kirk

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep.

I don't know how to say this other than just coming right out and saying it.

First of all, I got the phone call from Bill the other night at 6:26pm stating that he was not expected to make it through the weekend.

Around 9pm, I also got an email from his address that looked to have been sent to a bunch of different folks and then forwarded on to me.
It looked like it had a virus or a questionable link in it, so I deleted it.

Then I got an email from who I assumed came from his wife or a contact person.
That mail was entitled Bill.
All it said was he's gone.
I didn't save it, so I have no idea who that came from??.

Now....... I just heard from Bill from home this evening and he's still alive.
This was at 6:46pm

I am not gone yet but the docs don't give me long to go. Hospice folks were here today and at least I am back home. My kidneys are failing badly and the pain pills knock my bp down to unsafe levels. taking morphine now. Many thanks to all the fine folks I have met on the forums.

I want to offer a formal apology to the forum and to Bill himself.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Only things like this can happen over the internet.

It's permissible to do both, even at the same time.

The good news is Bill is still with us. Nothing else matters.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Well thank God! My mom was once in hospice care and given less than a week to live. She fooled them and lived almost another five years. I probably wouldn't be here now except in those years she was well enough to take care of me after I was almost killed when I wrecked my truck. I don't think that any "care center" could have given me the round the clock attention I need like she did.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill, I am overjoyed to hear this and I pray that the miracle you need comes through. You've been a favorite on the forums every since I've known you and I feel honored to call you my friend. You're a top notch fellow Bill and we all wish you the best of luck in this.

Jim

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just knew it, just like the Bill I remember ............. Tough!

Do what you can Bill and hang tough brother! You've got prayers galore!

Galvatron

i am like everyone overwhelmed that Bill is still with us,Bill your clearly in the fight and i pray you do for a long time to come.

I like many others i have spoken to feel very uncomfortable with the fact it was poorly stated that Bill had passed away,many people mourned the loss and then with shock rejoiced at the fact Bill in fact was still with us,the source of his passing boasted in many posts that they had a close relationship with Bill and i like others took that in good faith, in truth it was no better than a news outlet doing a piss poor job using unproven facts to upset many people only to later say opp's and have no proof of their source to post in such a sensitive area of the forum.

I see Bill is posting away in other areas of the forum and not in here to clear things up,i am guessing he is just as confused as we are,in honesty i think this thread should be closed and only a reliable source should open a new thread with updates on Bill,i would like to think that would be himself or a close loved one with facts, some one in the loop.

I post this as i am upset with thinking we had lost a dear respected member after a respected battle with his ailments, the whole thread has been soured and leaves a confusing message to them that do not have the time to read and post on a regular basis,many good members would have read Bill was gone and never come back to the thread to see it was wrongly stated that Bill has passed,i find difficulty in accepting that.

I emailed many of past members of this sad news only to have had to inform them in fact it was no true,it upset many,i hope as i suggested a new thread can be started for updates to remove this confusion,i know others feel the same.

Carry on the fight Bill as this post in no way is reflected at you,your still up there on my daily prayer list.

I see this area of FF as sacred ground and would like to see that enforced.

PS... i strongly believe this could have been avoided if we kept the doors shut to members that had been banned on a life time basis,i respect Admin and Mod's more than anyone here as i know how hard it is to walk their path and trust they will being taking measures to avoid this happening again.

Last edited:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Only the Lord knows the length of a man's days. Hang in there Muley. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
i am like everyone overwhelmed that Bill is still with us,Bill your clearly in the fight and i pray you do for a long time to come.

I like many others i have spoken to feel very uncomfortable with the fact it was poorly stated that Bill had passed away,many people mourned the loss and then with shock rejoiced at the fact Bill in fact was still with us,the source of his passing boasted in many posts that they had a close relationship with Bill and i like others took that in good faith, in truth it was no better than a news outlet doing a piss poor job using unproven facts to upset many people only to later say opp's and have no proof of their source to post in such a sensitive area of the forum.

I see Bill is posting away in other areas of the forum and not in here to clear things up,i am guessing he is just as confused as we are,in honesty i think this thread should be closed and only a reliable source should open a new thread with updates on Bill,i would like to think that would be himself or a close loved one with facts, some one in the loop.

I post this as i am upset with thinking we had lost a dear respected member after a respected battle with his ailments, the whole thread has been soured and leaves a confusing message to them that do not have the time to read and post on a regular basis,many good members would have read Bill was gone and never come back to the thread to see it was wrongly stated that Bill has passed,i find difficulty in accepting that.

I emailed many of past members of this sad news only to have had to inform them in fact it was no true,it upset many,i hope as i suggested a new thread can be started for updates to remove this confusion,i know others feel the same.

Carry on the fight Bill as this post in no way is reflected at you,your still up there on my daily prayer list.

I see this area of FF as sacred ground and would like to see that enforced.

PS... i strongly believe this could have been avoided if we kept the doors shut to members that had been banned on a life time basis,i respect Admin and Mod's more than anyone here as i know how hard it is to walk their path and trust they will being taking measures to avoid this happening again.

I understand what you're saying there Galvi.
And it hurts me to read it and I don't know what else to say.
What I will say is that I'll be gone if this has upset you that much that you felt the need to jack the thread.
Stay classy my friend.

Leni

What I will say is that I'll be gone if this has upset you that much that you felt the need to jack the thread.
Stay classy my friend.

These things happen and I don't think that it is your fault. Please don't leave.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Everyone is more then just a little upset and unnerved over what Muley (Bill) is going through. I remember when I first arrived here almost 4 years ago he was one of the first to greet me and start joking with me. I've never forgot that.

Everyone makes mistakes and everyone needs to remember that.

Muley is still picking on the hospice nurses and giving them a hard time and that is the important thing. Every thing else is small potatoes.

Keep the faith.

Galvatron

Stay classy my friend.

Upset yes i am,high jack,i think not i just had the need to say it has it is,feel free to be a woman of your word and be gone as yes it has upset me/many others in ways i have never been upset on forumsforums,if deemed i have spoken in a way unfit to this community i would happily do the same and walk away in shame,feel free to take the matter further with Admin/Mods i am just a man that say's it as it is and the wisdom that FF has rubbed off on me, my years here allows me to be if nothing else just honest with a twist of integrity,i thank all at FF that have helped me achieve that.

Sadly the hijack is upon you as i never named you i just spoke of the unrest felt within my heart,and my heart is happy knowing Bill still with us.