• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's Your Weather Like?

Cityboy

Banned
I saw some pictures of the ice storm in OK. So much damage. This is the largest number of people ever without power in OK. And more ice was predicted for today.
Good luck CB.

I didn't think it could get this bad in OK. There's not that many trees in most areas, and where there are they are not that tall, so I didn't think it would be like ice storms in heavily forrested areas....wrong! :smileywac

I had to get Citygirl to work yesterday; she's an ICU RN & unit manager and it's not an option for her to miss work with sick people in the unit. I was able to hit a top speed of 19MPH, and it took almost an hour to go 8 miles. It wasn't quite so bad when I picked her up in the evening.

Looks like we're thawing out a little today and more as the week progresses, so we'll be OK here in OK. :)

BoneheadNW

I didn't think it could get this bad in OK. There's not that many trees in most areas, and where there are they are not that tall, so I didn't think it would be like ice storms in heavily forrested areas....wrong! :smileywac

I had to get Citygirl to work yesterday; she's an ICU RN & unit manager and it's not an option for her to miss work with sick people in the unit. I was able to hit a top speed of 19MPH, and it took almost an hour to go 8 miles. It wasn't quite so bad when I picked her up in the evening.

Looks like we're thawing out a little today and more as the week progresses, so we'll be OK here in OK. :)
I have the utmost respect for RN's, especially those who work in the ICU. Boy, I'm sure she could tell some real war stories about the things she sees!
Bone

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
this...

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 71

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I just got done plowing Mine ,and the neighbors driveway . It's starting to turn into an Ice Storm as I write this . Hopefully Jan will be able to make it home before the worst sets in .

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Not bad. I just posted this first photo over on NTT. I took these yesterday before harvesting the persimmon tree down in the back of the orchard.

It was about 57 for a couple of hours when I took these. (up from mid 30's overnight.) I wasn't so lucky today. Rainclouds and cold drizzle, high about 50. I worked on stuff in the barn.

P1160547rPersimmonHarvest.jpg P1160632rPersimmon,Robin.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...........
It's cold.
Did you know women can predict the weather conditions?
hehe

Attachments

• babyyyyyyyy its cold outside.JPG
    babyyyyyyyy its cold outside.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 75

jbrumberg

Today's northeaster has been driving everyone nuts including me since the Japanese global weather model predicted it last Sunday. All the weather services have been pretty weaslly about predicting this storm and the snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain lines; probably because of its "double low" feature and uncertainty as to where these two storms coalesce and track. As an official weather geek I have been going nuts on another site about the current weather patterns (See Pine Grosbeaks in NE). Right now it looks like +6" of snow mixed with a little sleet, temperature around 14 degrees F, winds out of the NNE averaging 4 MPH gusting to 14 MPH currently. I believe it will stay mostly frozen in western MA at evelations > 1000' MSL. It will definately stay frozen to the west and north :snow2_smi: :fr2: . Dougster is going to get a lot of real slop this afternoon. :letitsnow: I really like snow:pee_smilie: Jay

Cityboy

Banned
Sunny this morning:

Oklahoma City, Wiley Post Airport
Lat: 35.54 Lon: -97.65 Elev: 1299
Last Update on Dec 16, 6:53 am CST

Fair

16°F

(-9°C)
Humidity:84 %
Wind Speed:SW 5 MPH
Barometer:30.27" (1026.6 mb)
Dewpoint:12°F (-11°C)
Wind Chill:9°F (-13°C)
Visibility:10.00 mi.
More Local Wx:3 Day History:

Expecting a high of 46 today.

BoneheadNW

Just took this snapshot of the radar for this area. I am in the center, at the south end of the island (look of for the X and I am just south of there).
Bone

Attachments

• Weather Snap.jpg
    Weather Snap.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 70

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It sucks in Elk City ! The Weather Channel shows we are getting dumped on with new snow . What a joke! We are down to about 3"total pack !