• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Apple's Safari now for Windows PCs

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apple announced that the Safari web browser is now available in Beta test for Windows users. I've used it and it is a nice browser, not perfect but it has some great features. Currently I use Firefox and doubt I will switch back, but if you are looking for something different than Explorer and don't like Firefox, then Safari is worth a look.

Oh, and by the way, reports are that Safari was hacked within hours of its release for Windows. :pat:

Here is just the first few lines of the story:

ap_small.gif

Apple extends Web browser to Windows

By MAY WONG, AP Technology WriterTue Jun 12, 1:24 AM ET

Apple Inc. has set the stage for yet another rivalry with Microsoft Corp. by launching a Windows version of its Safari Internet browser and inviting developers to create Web-based programs for its upcoming iPhone.

Apple made the announcements at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference on Monday, where it mainly highlighted the features of its next upgrade to the Mac OS X operating system, dubbed Leopard and due to be available in October.

Some industry analysts viewed the moves as infectious ways for the Cupertino-based company to attract new converts to its products, but investors were apparently betting on more astounding news from the Wall Street darling.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Safari sucks on the Mac so I can't expect it to be any better on Windows.

The only reason Apple is realeasing Safari on Windows is to enable "cross-platform" apps that integrate with the upcoming iPhone and probably some new features of the iPod. IOW, it is only being released to help sell something else.