• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Personal Firewalls

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well my sauga of bad files I think is over with. However, I did have some Malware that ende up being critical. The only way we could find it was by a fine forum called "bleepingcomputer.com" Then it took 17 online scans by 17 different virus programs to find it.

So I am thinking Personal Firewall. What is everyone here using for a personal firewall? I downloaded and tried a product called Comodo as it was highly recommended but I just could not make it work.

Any recommendations out there?

murph

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
We use Comodo on all of our field laptops at my company. It is very good, and I would suggest spending time trying to figure out why it isn't working for you.

I also have been using Microsoft Windows Defender lately, and I like it as a spyware/malware guard.

Keep in mind, you will need both. A firewall will not protect you from spyware/malware.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've used Zone Alarm for a few years now. It does the job. :thumb: