• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Grits !!!!!

How do you eat your grits?

• Butter, salt & pepper

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Maple syrup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, please enter below so I can try it.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Don't do grits

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I need help to settle something my wife and I have been arguing about for years. Ever since our first trip down south I've liked grits. I buy them from a mill in Tenn that still grinds with a stone, good stuff, now my question.

I like mine with butter and salt & pepper, my wife with maple syrup.

Who's right?

I know it's a matter of taste, but I appeal to FF's informed members especially those below the Mason-Dixon Please tell this poor yankee the proper way to eat this southern delicacy.

working woman

Site Supporter
Grits are REALLY popular in North Carolina. Never really aquired a taste for them. The true NC folks that I worked with ate em with salt butter and pepper. The only way I could get them down was with sugar and cinnamon

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Coarsely ground corn, think of a real coarse corn meal. It is made up into a porridge.