• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Desktop

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just ordered a new desktop from Cyberpowerpc.com, it will probably take two weeks to show up and I have no idea what sort of service they will provide. I don't really need any software support. As long as all the components show up and work then I'll probably be happy.

Their prices seemed good and as comparable to build it yourself pricing from Newegg or Fryes. It was nice to just get it all from one place.

I didn't buy any monitors as I already bought a nice match set last week from CompUSA.

I'll post back my experience.

Note: I do intend to overclock this thing a little that's why I have all the extra cooling.

Gamer Infinity 7900 Pro (NO MONITOR)
INF7900Z, www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/INF7900.asp?v=d
  • *BASE_PRICE: [+1475]
  • CAS: X-Blade 3 Gaming Med-Tower 450 Watt w/ Window [-100] (YELLOW Color)
  • CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 CPU @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T [+134]
  • CD: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
  • FLOPPY: 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE (BLACK COLOR)
  • FAN: CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit + 2 EXTRA CASE FANS
  • HDD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+26])
  • HDD2: 320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive [+108]
  • KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD (BLACK COLOR)
  • MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (BLACK COLOR)
  • MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core Supports) Intel DP965LT P965 Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1066 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394&7.1Audio [-21]
  • MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory [+180] (Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader [+45])
  • OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition w/ Free Upgrade to Windows Vista™ Home Premium [+15]
  • RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: Logitech X-230 2.1 Configuration Speakers System [-14]
  • TVRC: TV Tuner with FM Stereo+Remote Control+MS Remote Keyboard(watch and record TV on your PC) [+163]
  • USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • USBHD: NONE
  • VIDEO: NEW!!! NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 16X PCI Express [+197] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
  • _PRICE: (+2005)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PB,

Can you check your current PC's paste function?

Most everything after BASE_PRICE [+1475] is jibberish. I recognize some words (fan, speakers and video) but the other stuff... :confused2:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
PB,

Most everything after BASE_PRICE [+1475] is jibberish. I recognize some words (fan, speakers and video) but the other stuff... :confused2:

This is the computers and electronics forum. I think you might be looking for the tractors forum.:whistle:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
PB,

:yum: :yum:
I think the old main framer in you is showing through BC! :yum: :yankchain:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
:yum: :yum:
I think the old main framer in you is showing through BC! :yum: :yankchain:

Oh yeah, so BC all that stuff means you can like open up a ton of X-window terminals at once and it will be really fast! :moon:

Actually, I'm hoping it's at least a capable Vista machine. I don't intend on running Vista on it all the time but I do need a machine that can run the full Vista Aero interface (so I can pretend I have two Macs - right Bob:D ).

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
but I do need a machine that can run the full Vista Aero interface
"Vista Aero interface" :confused2: I thought that's what's used to make something go airborne.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congratz PB!

Cyberpower was my first pick when I went searching for my new Athlon but Dell was so close to releasing their Athlon series so I waited to take advantage of my employee discount.

Looks like we have very comparable PC's except of course for your video card. You'll love the POWER! :D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
I just ordered a new desktop from Cyberpowerpc.com
Here is my new system:

Gamer Infinity "Kegger" Pro (NO MONITOR)
INF7900Z, www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/INF7900.asp?v=d
  • *BASE_PRICE: [+1475]
  • Beer Tap: Universal, but prefers premium lagers
  • Refrigerant: old fashioned freon
  • Temp Rating: constant 42 degrees F
  • VIDEO: none, but it makes the TV look better

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 86

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
B_Skurka said:
Here is my new system:

Bob, that system don't work, look at all the foam. You have to pour a glass then let it sit for a while to continue to fill up. I pesonally think it is a memory problem:burp:

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,

Can you confirm the link for the PC you pictured? I want to get one but I tried the link but it didn't come up with that model. :confused2:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Bob,

Can you confirm the link for the PC you pictured? I want to get one but I tried the link but it didn't come up with that model. :confused2:
If you had an Apple computer the link would work :moon:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Reaper497 said:
That new machine of your's sounds like a beast PB!

I'm hoping it is! I'm not a gamer but I do need to run lots of Virtual Machines (VMWare) for my work so I thought I'd try and get one machine that can run reasonably fast with 2 or 3 OS's at the same time.

Since Windows Vista sounds like such a graphics pig I also thight I'd buy high end so I can enjoy the Aero interface. It will make all my text editor, shell and terminal windows look really cool!:D