• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IE7 & HP products

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't get along very well, particularly on the all-in-one machines.

The main issue is in HP Director. You can print to the printer but all functions from the printer back to the PC won't work

I believe there's a couple work-arounds but it's best not to go to IE7 until the bugs are worked out.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Junkman said:
It is best not to use IE7 ever!!!!

And what kind of problems am I expecting to have now that I installed it over a month ago?? I do use Firefox mostly but did download the IE7 and it seems to work fine for me and have not had any problems at all. What problems are they having with IE7??

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
thcri said:
And what kind of problems am I expecting to have now that I installed it over a month ago??
Murph,

Do you have an HP all-in-1 type printer (printer, scanner, fax...)?

If you install IE7 and have one of those printers, the program "HP Director" quits working. That's the main driver for sending stuff from the HP back to your computer.

Do a google search on something like
HP IE7
IE7 HP
ie7 hp director

and you'll see lots of places that are noting the issue.

JayC

Huh?
Junkman said:
It is best not to use IE7 ever!!!!
I will have to agree with that statement. While I liked the new layout, everything out just stunk. I thought I would give it a try shortly after it was released. Should have known I would have been sorely disappointed. It was slow. The tabs didn't work the way that I was used to in Firefox. The main problems for me was that NONE of my favorites were visible. Most of the time they were nowhere to be seen. If I went to organize the favorites, that window was also empty. However, if I clicked the Favorites menu in the old style menu bar, they were there. 90% of the time the favorites were missing, although sometimes they would reappear. If the favorites were missing that also meant that the address would not work. If I type a URL into the address bar, nothing would happen. If I started the browser and the favorites did manage to show up, I could use the address bar. Otherwise I would have to go to a search engine (Yahoo is my home page) and type in a URL into the search box. Not efficient and highly annoying. A couple weeks back I uninstalled IE7 for good. This is what the browser looked like for me.

humor_me

mbsieg said:
I have IE 7 Works great for me also??

Microsoft in one of their more boneheaded moves snuk IE7 in a Windows update. Of course now, I have features that don't work on some of our network software. Apparently there's a gap in a Java plug-in that needs to be tweaked.:confused2:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
All I did was go to tools option on the far right and select tool bars I wanted displayed good old favorites showed up right where it is supposed to be. Never had any probs??? Oh well??

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
bczoom said:
Murph,

Do you have an HP all-in-1 type printer (printer, scanner, fax...)?

No I don't. I have helped a few guys with Compaq computers and personally had many bad experiences with HP and I have a little tickler in the back of head, "don't buy anything HP or Compaq" And with them two combining I just am not sure. Now I have friends that have bought them recently and have great experiences with them, me just not ready yet. Maybe by the time my laptop really takes a dump I will look at one.

murph