• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Try this for next year's holiday turkeys

caeryon

A friend emailed me this this morning. It's a little late for the recent holidays, but I figured some of you would appreciate it anyway.

NEW TURKEY RECIPE
You should try this!
Sure to bring smiles from your guests!
Here is a new way to prepare your Christmas bird.

1. Cut out aluminum foil in desired shapes.
2. Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, position the foil carefully. (see attached)
3. Roast according to your own recipe and serve.
4. Watch your guests' faces

turkey.jpg

Okay, that particular design's pretty much a gag idea, but why wouldn't it work? When cooking a bird, you cover the wings and legs with foil after they brown to keep them from overbrowning, so, in theory, this should work, too. Why couldn't you put foil cut into, say, holly shapes on the turkey and end up with a decorated bird for the table? Sounds rather cool to me!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know tradition shows everyone at the table when the whole bird is brought in ....but we do it differently. We carve the bird before bringing it to the table. No one would see the design. Plus, if things are running behind everyone is to hungry to LOOK at the bird, they just want to eat it NOW! Know what I mean?