PDA

View Full Version : Oreos

mbsieg
01-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Does anyone else like Oreos with peanut butter on them????:yum: :confused:

Melensdad
01-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I like regular Oreos. Not the double stuff Oreos.

Never tried to add peanut butter but they do make peanut butter Oreos that are pretty good. I'm not fond of the mint oreos or the chocolate covered Oreos.

I guess I'm old school. Just the regular Oreos. I eat a few most days of the week at work. There is almost always a bag in one of the offices at work.

mbsieg
01-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I had no idea they made peanut butter Oreos??? I'll have to check that out!!!

Klavin
01-03-2007, 10:18 PM
There is almost always a bag in one of the offices at work.

If you worked for the Post Office you would not be able to eat them or accept them from customers at work.

mbsieg
01-03-2007, 10:27 PM
UNLESS they were a package that was lost in the mail. OR torn by one of the machines. OR you were just hungry!!!

mbsieg
01-03-2007, 10:28 PM
I never knew that their were that many different kinds??

bczoom
01-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Ahhh, one of the staple foods of life. :thumb:

Mrs. Zoom makes something out of them. Truffles?

Take regular Oreos and run them through some kind of mixer to grind them up.
I think she adds cream cheese to the mix. :confused2:
Roll them into balls (approx 1" diameter)
Cover with melted chocolate.

Mmmmm.:cool2:

mbsieg
01-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Could you ask her for the recipe sounds GOOD!!!

Eric L
01-04-2007, 10:41 AM
:thumb: on the double stuff, but original is good too. with milk to drink, not for dipping.

:confused2: not so sure on the peanut butter... does it kinda taste like a Reese's?

buckle97
01-04-2007, 10:51 AM
I never have liked the original oreos, but I love the new golden oreos.

http://www.freewebtown.com/HANCAT/032305/2.jpg

Doc
01-04-2007, 10:51 AM
My wife picked up a recipe for dirt dessert. It looks just like dirt, and if made right you put it in a flower pot with a few fake flowers in it.
She took it like that into work and asked the girls she worked with if they had heard of the new dirt diet. Ofcourse they said no, so she tells them the 3 spoonfuls of dirt will cut your appetite ....then she proceeds to get a spoon and eat a spoonful of dirt from the fake plant. The girls were aghast! She pulled the same stunt on my mom and sister. It was so funny. They bought it hook line and sinker.
But, back to the recipe ....it calls for oreo's WITHOUT the cream in the center. You have to take a whole bag and break all the cookies apart and scrape the white cream off. Then mix all the naked oreos into crums. Then you add vanilla pudding and cream cheese ....and maybe more. If anyone is interested I can see about getting the recipe to post here. Boy is that stuff good. Yum!!!!!

Melensdad
01-04-2007, 11:03 AM
One of the sales ladies who worked here several years ago used to bring in Oreo Dirt Dessert when we had our pitch-in lunches. Her Oreo Dirt was different than the one that Doc's wife made, it included the white part of the Oreo and also included COOL WHIP. Bascially it was crushed Oreos and COOL WHIP.

Yummy and good enough to eat until you :puke1:

Pigtails
01-04-2007, 11:42 AM
I love regular oreos too.. Dipped in a big glass of milk. hmmmm.. well, can't have any for awhile, going on a diet for the new year.. :D

caeryon
01-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Her Oreo Dirt was different than the one that Doc's wife made, it included the white part of the Oreo and also included COOL WHIP. Bascially it was crushed Oreos and COOL WHIP.That's the version I'm familiar with. Makes a cool cake for a Halloween party.... Take some oval-shaped cookies like Cameos and bury them in the dirt cake so the end that sticks up looks like an old-fashioned tombstone. If you want to get fancy, you can frost the tombstones, too. Scatter some Mellocreme pumpkins around, add a couple of tiny plastic skeletons, and you have a pretty cool-looking graveyard cake. I've seen dirt cakes with gummy worms stuck in 'em, too. Works for the sort of kids who think eating worms is cool.... Here's a recipe (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Dirt-Cake-I/Detail.aspx) for the "flower pot cake." That's one of my favorite recipe sites; they have several versions of dirt cake.

No one's asked the important Oreo questions:
a) Do you twist and eat the middle first?
b) Do you dunk?

Doc
01-04-2007, 01:41 PM
No one's asked the important Oreo questions:
a) Do you twist and eat the middle first?
b) Do you dunk?

A: No, eat them still stuck together
B: I'll dunk a few if I have milk.

mbsieg
01-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Recipes everyone Oreo's YUM!!!!!

Jen's Jeep
01-06-2007, 11:50 PM
:thumb: on the double stuff, but original is good too. with milk to drink, not for dipping.

:horsepoop: :horsepoop: In the 5+ years I have known you, I have NEVER seen you eat an Oreo:confused2:

And maybe 1-2 glasses of milk the entire time as well...geeeezz

Ice Queen
01-07-2007, 06:06 AM
I've never even heard of them, I don't think we get them over here, certainly not in my part of Wales. Must be honest, we don't find much in the way of different things in this area, have to go to 'civilisation' to get a variety.

Melensdad
01-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I've never even heard of them, I don't think we get them over here, certainly not in my part of Wales. Must be honest, we don't find much in the way of different things in this area, have to go to 'civilisation' to get a variety.Anita, Oreos are the #1 store bought cookie in the US by a big wide margin. Bar far the biggest seller are the regular Oreos. Double Stuff Oreos come in 2nd place for sales, it just has double the cream filling. Some of the other flavors are only available seasonally or regionally. As for availablility, I honestly would have to believe that EVERY mini-mart, grocery store and supermarket in the USA has at least a couple varieties/packages/sizes of Oreos for sale. The town I live near has 2 small grocery stores, 3 gas station/mini-marts and 2 variety type stores. All of them sell Oreos.

I have NEVER seen you eat an Oreo:confused2:
Jen & Eric, I've been married for almost 22 years and my wife almost never sees me eat Oreos either. I eat them at work, but if we have them at home I typically don't eat them. We rarely even have them at home.

DaveNay
01-07-2007, 09:15 AM
An Oreo Blizzard from D.Q.

Yum.

jim slagle
01-07-2007, 10:55 AM
An Oreo Blizzard from D.Q.

Yum.

Now you are getting close to the proper use for Oreos.

Blue Bell Cookies and Cream Ice Cream!
(Oreo pieces in vanilla ice cream)

Eric L
01-07-2007, 10:28 PM
In the 5+ years I have known you, I have NEVER seen you eat an Oreo

And maybe 1-2 glasses of milk the entire time as well...geeeezz

Just cause I dont eat 'em dont mean I dont like 'em... and you dont buy me none, so why would I want to drink milk without any Oreos?

...and like Bob said... maybe I eat 'em when you not looking...:shiner:

Jen's Jeep
01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
maybe I eat 'em when you not looking...:shiner:

I knew you were hiding "something" in you desk at the office:confused2:

Melensdad
01-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey, its not an OREO, but have any of your tried the CARAMEL REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS yet? Its got a little less peanut butter than a regular Reeses cup, but they add a layer of caramel.

:a1: YUMMY

mbsieg
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Bob, you get all the good stuff first!!!!

Melensdad
01-18-2007, 04:08 PM
I just found my new favorite cookie!

This is an amazing cookie. The bottom is a crisp wafer very similar to the outside of an Oreo cookie. On top of that is a layer of chewy caramel. And totally surrounding all of that is milk chocolate.

:a1:

Ironman
01-28-2007, 11:01 AM
I always wanted to try this:

Deep Fried Oreos (http://kids.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/32/Deep_Fried_Oreos44318.shtml)

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4441/deepfriedoreoswm3.jpg

PBinWA
01-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey, its not an OREO, but have any of your tried the CARAMEL REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS yet? Its got a little less peanut butter than a regular Reeses cup, but they add a layer of caramel.

:a1: YUMMY

I love anything with Reeses peanut butter! Those are OK, but my current favorite is a Reese Peanut Butter Crispy Crunch type bar I found at a convenience store recently. I haven't seen them anywhere else but they are decadent and way too good. They are Reese branded but the filling is similar to a Butterfinger bar but with Reese Peanut Butter flavor. I think they got the "Crispy Crunch" from a Canadian candy bar called Crispy Crunch that is basically a peanut butter flavored Butterfinger.

buckle97
01-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I am also a big fan of most things Reeses. This is my current favorite:
http://i18.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/44/8f/ag_2.JPG

Bobcat
04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Someone should send Ice Queen some Oreos.

No, better not.