• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Some thing has happened to my e mail...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Recently I discovered that I can no longer open links sent to me by e mail. This old machine is still running XP..

Any ideas?

Thanks, Kirk

grizzer

Sounds like a wipe and reinstall

A better option is win 8 it has a graphical repair interface & no more dos line commands. One is repair where it fixes the code while saving all user data. Big timesaver

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Weird stuff like that makes me think virus or malware. Have you run anit virus, cc cleaner and malwarebytes lately?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did a search to see if a virus or malware was related to the issue and found this possbile solution ...if you are using IE.

Try this

Open IE and pull down the Tools menu and select internet options (assuming ie7), open the advanced tab and look for the section titled 'Reset Internet Explorer Settings'. Click 'Reset' and that should be it...

Let me know if this works for you...

Regards,

Andrew
Sources: Microsoft Support

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I did a search and found that hitting the enter key twice enters things twice.........:clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gee Thanks Fred. :hide: :yum:

now you see it ....now you don't.