• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kind of a Quandary?

Bamby

I was just working on or should I say tweaking Firefox in "about:config". Anyway I was personalizing or reconfiguring it some. What I found weird, and in past-tense I should have saved as a screenshot. It was a clear extension to here "ForumsForums" embedded in the value of my browser. I can't possibly see how it attached itself there but it wasn't a hallucination it was clearly there.

I traverse the web extensively and this forum is the only site that somehow merged into the configuration of my browser. I found it particular to say the least and does anyone have an idea of how or why I found it there?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you sure it was not just a cookie to your last session?

Bamby

Are you sure it was not just a cookie to your last session?

Mule, I just went back but I couldn't find the exact place where I removed it. I done a lot of custom configuration settings on my browser and I can't isolate the one where it had the forum extension.

But I do have another one that I'm thinking needs to see booted of my browser and I did screenshot it.. :brows:

about config.jpg

See the one blued that says Facebook.. Click on that one and the extension is simply HUGE... I mean it opens out into a BIG BLUE extension square that simply hast to be a resource hog... And I didn't put that there either and to top it off I don't do Facebook... I'm one of the opinion that Facebook is a no good snoop site that is most likely tied straight into the BigO's homeland security network.

I'm finding this stuff perplexing...:hammer: