• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Final Draft vs. Movie Magic Screenwriter

Which of the two is better?

• Final Draft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Movie Magic Screenwriter

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Gunsrus

Final Draft claims to be the industry standard. It's rated as the number one screenwriting program available. I must admit, the program has a lot of technically impressive features. I've tried the trial version and it works very well. Although, what about it's counterpart, Movie Magic Screenwriter? It's rated as number 2 by Top Ten Reviews. The demo needed a 64 bit driver update to work, but I got it running. I found it was a little more sophisticated and varied, but I'm not sure which of the two is the better one. They both work well, in my experience.

Does anyone here use either? What do you think?

Kane

Wish I could help with the poll, but I've just been out of screenwriting for too many years.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Beyond me as well.

I used Video Toaster about 20 years ago. Took a video of myself and used the toaster to make myself go bald right in front of my eyes. That was with S-VHS media. That's my experience with screen-anything.

So, no vote from me.

Gunsrus

Well, I've tried out both, but to me, they both got equally good qualities in their favor. MMS seems to be more sophisticated. FD has a neater, more modern interface that makes more extensive use of statistics, plus it's got its own name database.

I dare say Final Draft is a little more compatible. It can be installed on both 32 and 64 bit systems. Other than that, I don't know which of these two birdies is more appealing.