• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

HP Photosmart software

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At my office I keep an inexpensive printer on my desk for documents that I do not want printed on one of our network printers. I just picked up a replacement for an old Epson that died. The new printer is a sub-$100 HP Photosmart D5160. The printer seems decent, has some nifty features. Easily will do what I need done.

It also comes with Photosmart Studio Software.

This software is about the most counterintuitive software I've ever encountered! :confused2:

Talk about a PITA. If this is the photo software you Windoze users commonly use then I really feel sorry for you! Needless to say this software is not going to replace any of my existing software and certainly is not going to replace iPhoto that comes with all Apple computers.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
The software that comes with those cheap crappy printers is just as cheap and crappy as the printer itself. I once went to buy ink cartridges for a printer, and it was literally cheaper to buy a brand new inkjet printer.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I know some people that work at HP. They like to point the blame at MS but I think they have the heads up their bums. It's poorly architected crap that is barely good enough to be shipped.

The software sucks. I just use the base driver and disabled everything else.

PB

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh yeah, I think iPhoto sucks too so I'm universally unimpressed with all of the photo management software that is on the market. Of course, that doesn't say much considering I work in that area of the industry.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Oh yeah, I think iPhoto sucks too so I'm universally unimpressed with all of the photo management software that is on the market. Of course, that doesn't say much considering I work in that area of the industry.

Do you work out at the HP cartidge facility in Corvalis? A co-worker I have now used to work for the comapn that built the cartridge assembly machines.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Nope - I have never worked for HP. They have lots of stuff based in and around the Portland area so there are lots of employees around to talk too.

I work for this guy who is a total a$$hole. The pay sucks, the hours are worse, the only thing that keeps me going is the Starbucks coffee.