• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OK, Doc

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Something really annoying started happening in the last 2 or 3 days.

Doc, I know that you've picked up advertising lately from software companies but i think that a couple of them have done the dirty and they're pissing me off.

When I move around the site, opening threads in different forums I get this really annoying page opening telling me that the "player is ready to install". I close it and I'm back at the thread. It happens over and over and over. It gets really annoying. Now, best that I can tell, this is some program called "bonjour". When you go back and source it, somewhere in there it says that its referal page is ForumsForums.

There is a second one that comes up that accelerates and cleans up Windows 8. I can't remember what it's called but it's something like regiclean or sysclean. Again, it's sourced back to ForumsForums as its referal page.

I can't find where they are hidden on the computer, if they are on my machine but I really would like it to stop.

Is anyone else having this problem?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
OK, it's back.

I ran all the Malware and Adware cleaners and didn't find anything. That's fine because just after I posted this originally, it disappeared for a couple of days. Then came the outage. FF is back up and the redirects are back with a vengence.

It's not something on the computer as it is specific to ForumsForums, it doesn't happen on any other websites. When opening forums or threads I get redirected to "lpcloudsvr302". It's for a Windows 8 PC Repair Tool - called Regclean Pro. The website is "systweak.com" and the refering URL is FF.

I hope that somebody can help because it gets annoying. Maybe Doc can help once he gets all his troubles sorted out.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank I do not think an ad by any advertiser can do that. I've never seen that at all. I've seen ads here on FF that when your mouse goes over it it automatically expands to show more. But I've never seen anything like what you describe.
Has anyone else seen this?
I'm lost on this one.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter