• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Adding a scanner /printer !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate trying to get computers to work with printers !!!! I know crap about this stuff . I ended up needing to buy a new computer and wanted to use my old printer with it . The printing side works fine but it will not scan . I downloaded the Cannon printer stuff from the internet since I could not find my original disc that came with the old printer .
Guess I need to get some 5 year old kid over here to fix it !!!!:sad:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I've had problems with two Canon scanners in the past due to upgrading. When I went to XP Canon didn't upgrade their drivers making their scanner useless and the same with when I upgraded to Win7 with the next cannon printer/scanner. I've since gone to Brothers all in ones or Epson all in ones with great success with both. I might add both are cheaper to print with better quality. Canon printer/scanner lines aren't up to their cameras in quality when it comes to upgrading their software. This is based on my experience with them and may vary based on computer brand used with them.