• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

portable wireless printer?

dzalphakilo

Banned
Looking for a wireless printer, small, can carry in the car and use with my laptop. Most printing will be done in black and white, perhaps a max of 20-30 pages at a time.

Any suggestions?

Only "small" one that I could find was Toshiba, and I got that info with the laptop. That printer went for $329, which seems a little steep, at least from what I've seen from other larger printers.

Thks

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you want to use BLUETOOTH to connect to the printer or WiFi? If you want to use BlueTooth, then you could get any battery powered printer (or any printer and use a power inverter in your car) and simply use a bluetooth adapter.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Bottom line Bob is that size is what matters. The smaller, the better.

Only need to print basic schematics (sp?), and for those who don't want to read, instructions on the job site.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I think there is a disconnect in what you want and what you may need?

Most of the SMALL wireless printers I know of are BlueTooth units, they print on 3" wide paper that comes in rolls and they use thermal technology. They are shockproof and able to handle the abuse of the road. They are industrial models and they are NOT cheap.

You want a small printer that is wireless to connect up to a laptop, so I presume you have BlueTooth on the laptop? But I guess that is not a good assumption, so lets start with the basics, do you have a BlueTooth enabled laptop to connect up to a printer?

If the answer is NO, then what technology do you intend to use to connect to the laptop wirelessly?

dzalphakilo

Banned
I have bluetooth on the laptop.

Printer I was looking at, it is actually a HP Deskjet 460wbt
c00383265.jpg
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif

Price: $349.00*