• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Question about iPads & forums forums

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When using an iPad to access forumsforums, how do you post a photo? I tried copying the photo, but when I went to paste it into the new thread, I couldn't get the paste button to appear. Instead, forumsforums wants a link to the photo. Since the iPad does not have a file system lime a PC does, I don't know how to provide the link.

Thanks, Bob

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never considered that before. I hope to have an ipad in the near future as I've had my hands on a few of them and have the bug/want now.
Even on the iphone I use ForumRunner app. With it I can choose from the camera roll or take a pic and post it. I don't know how you'd do that with cut and paste ...it would have to be saved in your camera roll I'd guess. Hopefully someone that actually has an ipad will jump in here and tell us both how you can do that.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
When using an iPad to access forumsforums, how do you post a photo? I tried copying the photo, but when I went to paste it into the new thread, I couldn't get the paste button to appear. Instead, forumsforums wants a link to the photo. Since the iPad does not have a file system lime a PC does, I don't know how to provide the link.

Thanks, Bob
What iOS (version) are you using?

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm using iOS 7 and here is how it is done. My guess most of the previous versions work pretty much the same.

Select the "Go Advanced" option on the forum.
Select "Manage Attachments"
Select "Choose File"
Select "Choose Existing"
Select "Videos" or "Camera Roll". I'll select Camera Roll for this explanation.
Select the photo you want to post. Repeat if you are uploading more than one pic.
Select "Upload". When the file has uploaded,
Select (from the upper right corner of the screen) "Close this Window"
Select "Submit Reply"

And you're done.. :)

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doesn't work on mine.

choose file is greyed out. :sad:

original ipad iOS 5.1

Can't upgrade, Apple doesn't support the original ipad with updates past 5.1. I've lost several apps too because I had to reload some of them a few months ago and they won't run on anythng less than 6.0

Jim

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does forumrunner work on there Jim? It's another app you would have to download.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm using iOS 7 and here is how it is done. My guess most of the previous versions work pretty much the same.

Select the "Go Advanced" option on the forum.
Select "Manage Attachments"
Select "Choose File"
Select "Choose Existing"
Select "Videos" or "Camera Roll". I'll select Camera Roll for this explanation.
Select the photo you want to post. Repeat if you are uploading more than one pic.
Select "Upload". When the file has uploaded,
Select (from the upper right corner of the screen) "Close this Window"
Select "Submit Reply"

And you're done.. :)

Squerly, you gave me some good info that works for photos in the camera roll. Now that I have tried your suggestion, another question arises: when you receive a photo in an email, how do you save the photo to the camera roll?

Bob

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 74

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly, you gave me some good info that works for photos in the camera roll. Now that I have tried your suggestion, another question arises: when you receive a photo in an email, how do you save the photo to the camera roll?

Bob

Bob, hold your finger on the image. A menu will appear giving you the option to save or copy. Save will put it in your camera roll. Copy doesn't work that well, sometimes you get a copy of the image, sometimes you get a link to the image.

Jim

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, hold your finger on the image. A menu will appear giving you the option to save or copy. Save will put it in your camera roll. Copy doesn't work that well, sometimes you get a copy of the image, sometimes you get a link to the image.

Jim

Thanks Jim. You guys are good. Many thanks.

Bob