• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

internet malfunction ?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Even after talking to my service provider, no one knows why this is the only website that is working for me.
Do any of you know why one website would work and NO others ?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Must be you have caught the snowcat bug.....:whistling:
What browser are you running? IE or Firefox?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Safari.
It worked last night. Had something I wanted to buy on ebay this morning....
Can't even load the weather.gov pages.

The internet provider said a nearby tower was down and traffic was high on the tower I use. ( It's a cellular hot spot device) They can't figure out why I can only get this one website and I sure don't know !!

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Try clearing out your internet cache and cookies.

You're using Safari but assume you have IE and maybe other browsers installed. Try other browsers and check your results.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Even after talking to my service provider, no one knows why this is the only website that is working for me.
Do any of you know why one website would work and NO others ?

What's wrong with that? ......................... :wink:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I reset Safari earlier. I clean cookies out when there are more than 60 or every other day. Hot spot device has been reset.

Shut it off for a few minutes and this is still the only website that comes in.

No other browsers. Pure Mac. Had too much trouble in the past with browsers and not native stuff.

BD- it needs to be a little more active here or maybe have a good deal on an inverter that I was going to spring for this morning.... some 1/0 welding cable ? ... the weather forecast ?
Whine.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you tried rebooting your computer? Very strange for sure.
Any firewalls or security tools installed that you could turn off?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm at a different location with a different service provider and things are mostly working. My email service hasn't worked for a few days, though....

Thanks for the responses and ideas.

I'm still really curious about why one website would work and no others.
Also curious why one website from a few days ago wouldn't let me in because it was only for US residents.....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
All these different problems would indicate a provider problem to me. Could be they are patching through to the net using a Canadian firm. Maybe the DNS is only recognizing FF. Never dealt with Safari but understand it is much the same as Firefox.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I reset Safari earlier. I clean cookies out when there are more than 60 or every other day. Hot spot device has been reset.

Shut it off for a few minutes and this is still the only website that comes in.

No other browsers. Pure Mac. Had too much trouble in the past with browsers and not native stuff.

BD- it needs to be a little more active here or maybe have a good deal on an inverter that I was going to spring for this morning.... some 1/0 welding cable ? ... the weather forecast ?
Whine.

I have a mac and a windows puter. Love them both.

Safari can do weird things. I love mac but sometimes their ecosystem and approach to things drives me crazy. I learned puters on windows for years so I still like that OS as well. No fanboy here of either OS. They both have their pluses and minuses.

Try Mozilla Firefox again. I use it as much as Safari. In some ways it will work better for you, some ways not so much. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water in giving up on another browser.