PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop and animated gif's

jim slagle
10-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Anyone ever used photoshop elements 2.0 for animated gif's?

I'm trying to do a favor for a friend and I can't seem to get it to work.

The instructions seem simple but I not getting animation.

I put each image in a layer, then try save for web. Check the animation box, check the loop around, and set the timing. I get several results, all bad. sometimes all layers show as if I had done a regular save, sometimes only the top layer, and most of the time a file that won't open.

for a while the animate check box was greyed out but it came back after a reboot.

Any ideas?

Jim

DaveNay
10-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I always use GIFWorks.com (http://www.gifworks.com/) when working with animated gifs.

Doc
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for asking about this Jim.
I'm the friend Jim is trying to help. I'm wanting a FF banner to use to promote FF on other sites. I got a good deal on a site with 10,000 users, with our banner at the top (rotating with his other customers) but I can't get the banner together.
I don't think the link Dave gave will work for this situtataion ....since I'm wanting multiple images of text in varying places on a 468 x 60 banner.

Any other ideas?

DaveNay
10-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Hmmmm.....why wouldn't that website work?

PBinWA
10-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Hmmmm.....why wouldn't that website work?

That's one fugly banner Dave!

DaveNay
10-25-2006, 06:31 PM
That's one fugly banner Dave!

:moon:

PBinWA
10-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey, I just figured Doc was trying to ATTRACT new customers and not SCARE them away!:whistle:

Doc
10-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Dave,
What I'm looking for would not be a marquee type of banner with moving text. I didn't see how to accomplish what I'm after on that site. I assume I would have more control over the banner creation and optimization if I can do it in Photoshop or software on my server.
I've been kinda swamped, we missed a deadline for building some servers for a franchise customer. The next couple of weeks are gonna be hectic, but once I have a banner I'll share it here looking for comments and suggestions. Once I have a template it should be easy to edit and make changes.
As I understand it now, Photoshop 8 with Image Ready (CS2) can do what I want. Guess what version I have? Photoshop 7.0 :pat: