• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Supermarket Honey is not "real" and comes from China?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This video claims that as much as 75% of the honey we buy in supermarkets and convenient stores isn't "real" honey and is imported from China .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmIaZ8kTTE&list=UUMnTI0B3ccJuv_JVL0wPf4g&feature=player_detailpage"]75 percent of supermarket HONEY isn't real - YouTube[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of the "honey" in your cereals etc. is bogus and made from corn syrup. A lot is imported from China and other 3rd world countries. One reason I refuse to eat it and raise my own bees. Once you have had the real good stuff you can't go back. Right now the honeysuckle is blooming and it smells wonderful and the bees are all over it. Next will be clover and alfalfa.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We've had our discussions about "real" honey from time to time. I won't buy anything but localy produced raw honey.

The Chineese will pull off anything we dummies will ignore and let them get away with. from melimine plastics in our pet food to garbage in drywall to antifreeze components in medical grade White Blood, they will traif anything they can sell to us. Then lie about it and refuse to take blame. The worst they will ever do about something is arrest the poor sap they had placed in charge of quality control and have him executed.

They will still never admit responsibility.

Never forget,The Chineese are our suppliers and our bankers but they are not our friends.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I just checked mine on the back under ingredients it says"Honey" on the front it says "Pure Honey" and product of Brazil and USA.
Thx. for letting me know I will check more carefully. I sure don't eat that cereal with "honey" in it anyway. Might as well eat candy for breakfast as some of that cereal.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't bought store honey in as long as I can remember. We usually buy a few jars at Honeyville, just north of Durango, every time we go to Colorado. Love the stuff.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
My local supplier was out during the Winter when I ran out of honey, so I had to buy this from Sam's Club. Needless to say, I use a lot of honey in many food and bread recipes in lieu of sugar.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The latest wrinkle is the Chinese are shipping stuff through France and other countries to try to beat the stigma they have rightly earned. There are always middlemen willing to do most anything to make a buck. Hope our bees do well this year and we get a good harvest. Kind of iffy with the new hives and the weather sure has not helped any.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
nothing like chewing on the honey comb and getting honey all over yourself. we get ours locally, but i do buy from the store for when we have company:whistling: