• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My last box of Twinkies

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
....and quite possibly the last known box in existence was opened today by me. Oh, I had offers to sell. No, as it turned out, I no longer have need of first born sons or the like. Raising one was quite enough.

The box carries an expiration date of Dec 2, 2012, but the Twinkies legendary ability to weather expiration dates and stay fresh did not dissapoint.

9 cakes left. I will ration them, savor them and above all never share them.

I have now come to the realization that once these are gone, it is all gone forever. Junk food nirvana will never be the same. I love Little Debbie and you Mrs. Freshley, but you could never bake like the Hostess.

2013-03-04 21.32.41.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
....and quite possibly the last known box in existence was opened today by me. Oh, I had offers to sell. No, as it turned out, I no longer have need of first born sons or the like. Raising one was quite enough.

The box carries an expiration date of Dec 2, 2012, but the Twinkies legendary ability to weather expiration dates and stay fresh did not dissapoint.

I have now come to the realization that once these are gone, it is all gone forever. Junk food nirvana will never be the same. I love Little Debbie and you Mrs. Freshley, but you could never bake like the Hostess.

View attachment 66570

At least we still have the second Amendment,,,,,for now.

I have not had a Twinkiein 20 years. really. I miss the original ones and did not want to spoil the memory.

When I seviced machines at Continenta baking back in the 70's I brought home boxes of them. Even then, they were not quite the same as the ones from the fifties.

Nothing in the 90's was the same either so I did not run out and get any when the sky fell in. Much like the country, we will never see things as they were back then,,,,,ever again.

Enjoy your selfish indulgence my friend. And someday, relay to your grandchildren how you feasted on Food of the gods at the end. Don't forget to remind them that Twinkies were Union made,,,,,, but it was the greed of the Unions that toppled Mount Olympus.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 66570
You have issues TR, seek help... :wink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I divorced Little Debbie a few years back but the B keeps coming back into my life. Arrggg. :yum:

We talked of the demise of the twinkie over on Net Cooking Talk and found out if you are so inclined you can get a twinkie bake set and learn to make your own at home. A few links in that thread of where you can buy the baking kits. I suspect you could tweak these to be more like the original 50's twinkies Franc so fondly remembers.

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22535&highlight=twinkie

Attachments

• Hostess Twinkies Bake Set..jpg
    Hostess Twinkies Bake Set..jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 148

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 66570
sounds like archie bunker what is will you put in your lunch box now. i'm certain meat head will find something else to eat

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 66570

Well did you strectch them all the way to last week. twinkies are back in our stores.
The newly released Twinkies seem a little smaller. but they are just as yellow as ever. No more twonkies for this guy. (70's show reference)

Now where is that little B MS Sue Q??? thats what I want to know.....

Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well did you strectch them all the way to last week. twinkies are back in our stores.
The newly released Twinkies seem a little smaller. but they are just as yellow as ever. No more twonkies for this guy. (70's show reference)

Now where is that little B MS Sue Q??? thats what I want to know.....

Mike

No, ate the whole box soon after opening. No self control whatsoever.

The new ones still have not arrived here north of the woodchucks. The end of the month I am being told. I heard they are trucked up here through New York, so I am sure Food Nazi Bloomberg is at least partially responsible for the delay if not all.

Leni

Saw Twinkies at Ralphs last week. No, I didn't buy any. I'll wait and let the addicts satisfy their withdrawal first. What I want are the chocolate cupcakes.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Found them today!! Bought a box and I am in junk food nirvana!!

As stated by others they do seem to be a bit smaller with more creme. A good tradeoff IMHO. Absolutely delicious!! I'm off. I hear another one calling my name. :clap::biggrin::clap::biggrin::clap::biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finnaly!

At a Walmartin OZARK MO. Fridayy nite, they had the display but no Twinkies. Donuts and Fruit pies.

But!,,,,

Saturday we went in for a bottle of charcoal fluid and THERE.....THEY....WERE....!:clap:

We ate the whole box Sunday. Better than I remembered. But I'm still not a fan.

Kane

View attachment 66570
The best-by date says Dec 2, but no year suggested. Because Twinkies are like the spores given off by delicate ferns. Keep 'em in the cool darkness and they remain viable for decades. Enjoy.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Finnaly!

At a Walmartin OZARK MO. Fridayy nite, they had the display but no Twinkies. Donuts and Fruit pies.

But!,,,,

Saturday we went in for a bottle of charcoal fluid and THERE.....THEY....WERE....!:clap:

We ate the whole box Sunday. Better than I remembered. But I'm still not a fan.

You ate the whole freakin' box in a day!! Even I do not do that! Yes, you are a fan. You may be in denial, don't want to admit to it, but yes, my friend, you are now a fan. :yum:

Bon Apetite'