• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Trick or Treat cake AKA Kitty Litter Cake

P

Pigtails

Want to be forever eliminated from the guest list? Just take this to your next "pot luck" dinner!!!

Kitty Litter Cake

This is *no joke*

READ THE INGREDIENTS AND STUFF FIRST AND THEN LOOK AT THE PHOTO...

TRUST ME...

DON'T LOOK AT THE PHOTO FIRST, BUT LAST...

This is for all you cooks out there looking for something a little different.........

WANT TO HAVE FUN AT A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE! COMPLETELY EDIBLE, BUT YOUR FRIENDS MAY NOT THINK SO!

On a recent visit to our veterinarian to get shots for our cat I found this recipe on the waiting room bulletin board. After recovering from hysterical laughter, I obtained a copy from the office staff so that my wife could make it, which she refused to do. I took it to work and gave the recipe to a lady at work who loves cats. The pictures below show the results of her work. It doesn't look very nice, but it's actually quite tasty, so I decided to pass it along.

CAKE INGREDIENTS:
1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 box of white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookie s
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
A few drops green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"
1 NEW cat-litter box
1 NEW cat-litter box liner
1 NEW pooper scooper

1) Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan.. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

2) When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

3) Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable.. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved point s. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

4) Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

Attachments

• litter cake.jpg
    litter cake.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 169
P

Pigtails

Kitty Litter Cake???

Hey, I thought that recipe I found was awsome.. Someone needs to do it and let me know how it tasted???ummmmmmmmmm..

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Someone brought that to a halloween party I was at a few years back. Might not have been the exact recipe but they had the melted tootsie rolls just like yours calls for. I never tasted it. Beer seemed better at the time. :eek:

P

Pigtails

Thanks Doc.. I thought it would be a "kick" at a Halloween Party.. seems we should have some partiers' here!! haha

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was fun at the party. It got a lot of laughs and the ones that ate it liked it. :thumb:

Go for it. You can try it out and let us know. We don't have any trick er treaters come by here or I'd be tempted to set it by the door .... :D

P

Pigtails

Well, I'd like to, but we live at our mtn home. Nearest neighbor, is like 10 acres away and no children. I'm going to try to get my daughter in law to try it.. She doesn't like cats, so she might not..haha. Oh well. Just a cute receipe. Couldn't resist..