• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

iPod ~ Podcasting: Any Recommendations?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just picked up a new iPod Nano for use while I am sitting on airplanes and searched around the free section of the iTunes Music Store.

There is a lot of stuff on there that looks like it might be really good personal development and business related materials.
  • Basics of Mentoring
  • Brainstorming
  • The Art of Coaching
  • Accurate Thinking Outside the Box
  • Late Stage Coaching
There are also some fun things like::bunnies:
  • Adult Film Star Tips with Jenna Jamison (The Man Show)
  • Drunks do the Darnedest Things (The Man Show)
So since I've never bothered to go to the iTunes store before to search around for free "podcasts" I'm wondering if any of you have any favorites that you might like to recommend to me? I'm a sci-fi junkie so I'm going to subscribe to a couple sci-fi podcasts. I love personal and business development so I picked out a few of those, but there are so many choices that I'm not sure I got the 'good ones' because I just picked off the feature menu.

Any suggestions? :notworthy

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I also have a Nano for listening to on flights. The next thing I would suggest for you is to get a pair of noise cancelling headphones. I have pretty inexpensive pair of Sony's (~$60), but they go all the way up to several hundred dollars for a Bose. They work fantastic to block out the drone of an airplane.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave, I picked up some Radio Shack noise cancelling headphones for about $50 a couple years ago and use them on the airplane. I find that often I don't even plug them in, I just turn on the noice cancelling feature to quiet the din of the engines. Mine are the small type that sit on the ear, as opposed to the type that cover the entire ear so they don't block out all the noise. But the main reason I bought them (other than the noise cancelling feature) is that they fold up and fit easily into a shirt pocket or pocket in a briefcase.